US 1918 Trench Knife - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 2013, 3:47 pm Thread Starter
Sooper Dooper Moderator

US 1918 Trench Knife

I've been watching DVDs of the series "Boardwalk Empire", and one of the main characters is a WW-1 vet who carries a trench knife strapped to his ankle. You know, the old bronze handled thing with the knuckle duster grip and the double edged, spear point blade. That prompted me to look around online to see what they're selling for nowadays. Good grief! I saw an original priced at over $500, and that's without the scabbard. I used to see those things in old military surplus stores for $10, and they were just gathering dust. Wish I had had the foresight to pick up a dozen or so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 2013, 7:57 pm

Hindsight is 20/20, isn't it? I have a few similar stories plus some that involve passed over stock purchases. Oh well, I'll be going into work tomorrow instead of counting my millions.....

Regards,
Randy
'02 RT nacht black
'05 Ducati ST3 black
'06 K12S bumble bee
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 2013, 9:03 pm
Noob

can still do it

I know a place that has a big old fashioned store from the ....Gods knows when. Hubcap for a 1926 Buick,? Rebore kit for an A model? Tyres for the same car. Ferret nets, a gun wedge. Bring a torch the kerosene lamps no longer work and there is more old stuff in there than you could catalogue in a day./ They also sell icecream, rolled oats, bread. The rail line goes to the next town and the carriage is motorised with some ancient petrol motor. Many stops along the way for a cup of tea or coffee. There is only one other building in town and that is a gigantic pub built from corrugated iron.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2013, 11:29 am Thread Starter
Sooper Dooper Moderator

Would love to go to a store like that, Bob. That sounds like an all day fun trip. For me though, that's half a world away, and I doubt they're online!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode