New Honda F1 V-6 motor - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2013, 10:25 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

New Honda F1 V-6 motor

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi..._turbo_engine/
This is NOT a wailing V-10 or V-8. The new V-6's are taking away a very important aspect of the F-1 experience.

Richie
04 K12GT
89K100RS (Gone, but not forgotten)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2013, 11:21 am
JCW
contributor

F1 and the vettel train has been difficult to watch this year.
at least the new engine and rule changes have the chance to shake things up a bit.

Can't wait to hear what weber has to say about red bull once his f1 career comes to an end.

After that one year that the two were competing for the championship with alonso, weber has been nowhere near vettel's pace. Is this vettel's dominance or is it team orders and inforior car for weber???

'06 K1200R- in pieces
'73 Honda CB500F- slow but fun.
'77 Yamaha XS 750 triple- kinda
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2013, 12:23 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

While, I am a die hard McLaren fan that happens to be taking a year off hiatus. I have no problem with Vettel and Red Bull at the top. Both the man and the machine are simply the best that there is. It is not their fault that the other manufacturers can't compete. It is a whole lot better than the Ferrari / Schumacher years where the majority of wins were by contrived racing and rules adjustments by the FIA. "Remember, when Schumacher accidently stopped his car in the pit entrance at Monaco to claim the pole?". I saw Vettel's first F1 race and he was astounding then for being in the car for the first time for BMW. I am totally sick of the cry babies' like Alonso's whine every weekend. Equal cars and Alonso would still lose to Vettel. But, it would be someone else's' fault for sure. Many are saying "wait until next year". But, with Adrian Newey's talent at designing race cars. There is no reason not to believe that he will see advantages the others will miss.

Richie
04 K12GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2013, 12:29 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Great comparison of engine sounds
http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...nds_like_this/

Richie
04 K12GT
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2013, 2:17 pm
JCW
contributor

I don't have a problem with it either. Without a doubt the best car and driver combination is winning the championship. To be honest, the whining has died down as I think the others have accepted that fate.

I certainly disagree with so called F1 fans that BOO vettel on podiums.

I just think it is a much more interesting watch when two three and four are fighting for the championship at the end of the year. And races themselves aren't won by minutes with little to no lead changes.

But as you said, the Schumacher years were still much worse. I guess I've been spoiled by the racing over the last half decade up to these last couple years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruizbz
While, I am a die hard McLaren fan that happens to be taking a year off hiatus. I have no problem with Vettel and Red Bull at the top. Both the man and the machine are simply the best that there is. It is not their fault that the other manufacturers can't compete. It is a whole lot better than the Ferrari / Schumacher years where the majority of wins were by contrived racing and rules adjustments by the FIA. "Remember, when Schumacher accidently stopped his car in the pit entrance at Monaco to claim the pole?". I saw Vettel's first F1 race and he was astounding then for being in the car for the first time for BMW. I am totally sick of the cry babies' like Alonso's whine every weekend. Equal cars and Alonso would still lose to Vettel. But, it would be someone else's' fault for sure. Many are saying "wait until next year". But, with Adrian Newey's talent at designing race cars. There is no reason not to believe that he will see advantages the others will miss.

'06 K1200R- in pieces
'73 Honda CB500F- slow but fun.
'77 Yamaha XS 750 triple- kinda

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode