Video of the Dragon - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 10:40 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Video of the Dragon

For anyone interested, here is a video of the Tail of the Dragon (US 129) in TN. The video is going both ways. There was a lot of salt on the road (you will see where I straighten out and cross the lane to avoid the spill. The video is 30MB.

Camera mount for the wheel is home made, can post pics if interested. I am also interested in other people's ideas for mounts (real or envisioned). This is a K1200RS.

http://www.chilei.net/DragonTail.wmv
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 2006, 5:19 am

Thanks

Heard so much about Deals Gap . Nice to know what it looks like.
Thanks Frank
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 2006, 8:00 am
Enthusiast

Thanks for posting,enjoyed it very much.I liked your music.Who was it?

Enjoying The Ride. Eddie Layton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 2006, 3:05 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for the input. I love editing and unfortunately I was up there solo so the riding that I was videoing was difficult to do some of the stuff I wanted to. I am planning on reworking this a bit too.

Deals Gap is a great area, not just the Dragon, but the whole area, beautiful, fun sweeping roads, near Pigeon Forge so the women can enjoy. I will say that I was there three weeks ago and it was great, the weather was nice, except for the salt, the roads were great. By going this time of year, there were less people out, no RV's to get stuck behind, cheaper to stay etc... I reccomend it to all!

The music is Buckcherry.

For those with ideas but no means to edit, I am interested in doing some other videos, would be cool to have a video of short clips of nothing but BMW's in their "element" whatever type of bike anyone has. I have the bandwidth and am willing to share with all. Just let me know.

Kyle
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 2006, 5:52 pm

Neighbor!

I am in VB also... Would love to ride with you sometime. I am trying to organize a group ride to Dealsgap. Video was great... I have a video cam, need to get a mount for it... Let me know if you are interested in getting together!

Ride safe!

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 2006, 7:27 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Thumbs up

Halo99,
YOU BET! I am always looking for someone who is into riding. I also have a good friend down the street who also has a 12rs. I'm going to pm or email you with my number and we'll set it up. I work odd hours have days off during the week, some weekends etc... Get with me and we'll make it happen.
Kyle
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 2006, 9:23 pm

hey guys I'm in VB also we should all hook up sometime

scott
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 2006, 9:29 pm

I am planning on heading up to the gap the the 4th July weekend or maybe sooner who knows I loved it up there last time can't wait to try out the KR up there

Can you say SWEET
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 2006, 10:31 pm
Rookie

I am watching the video and it is so choppy freeze frame ect. Is there something wrong with my computer? Most motorcycle video's seem to look this way. Are they supposed to look like this?

03 KRS BLACK
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 2006, 10:52 am Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by siclmn
I am watching the video and it is so choppy freeze frame ect. Is there something wrong with my computer? Most motorcycle video's seem to look this way. Are they supposed to look like this?
Sorry about that, it is a large file. You can also right click the link and click save target as and it can download to your system, the rate that it plays is dependant on your connection speed.

I will try to make a smaller version and post in here again.
Kyle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode