Pillon requests special attention... - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 2006, 1:51 pm Thread Starter
Addict

Pillon requests special attention...

I found a gal that loves to ride. After her initial trip she began to speak of common events in the context of "that might infringe on my riding time," or "I'd rather we go on a ride than attend that function."

I think it's good to find a rider that shares my love for the road.

However, on one very long and straight stretch, I reached down to pat her leg. My arm was re-directed further back; apparently the pillon had some other um, well, area that needed attention. I did my best to keep my eyes on the road and to be very safe, I eventually brought the left hand back to the handlebars.

I've only been riding 11 months and I'm not quite sure what to make of this phenom. Surely you vets have encountered this danger. What is the proper protocal in this event.

Without Guile,

Gravity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 2006, 2:33 pm
ROB
We're zoned for what ? cool !

Talking Elementary...

Don't look a gift ass in the, uh, mouth.

Let me hark back to 1974, my first bike, a Honda 750, in central Colorado, with the woman who was to be my first wife on the back. We had been together a couple of weeks, and were burning hotter than a $2 pistol. We were heading west out of Steamboat Springs, and she unbuckles and unzips me, and slips her hand in my pants. Needless to say, I really wasn't concerned with the speed limit. Not until the State Trooper pulled alongside! She pulled her hand out so fast that I wasn't sure that she'd left me anything. We got pulled, got a ticket, and had to backtrack 30 miles to go pay it off right then.

And she never did it again.

1990 K75S
2009 R1200GS
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 2006, 2:48 pm
Enthusiast

Well, that made for an interesting ride to say the least. I can relate in that a long time ago a girl I was seeing is riding on the back of my bike with me and when I looked in the mirror she had taken her top off! I''m not sure what made me pull over faster - the desire to get at her or the desire not to be arrested. Anyway, your bike is certainly not the place to be distracted, so let her know that you are more than willing to scratch her itch but wait until you get home. Of course, you could always just sit on the bike in the garage and act like your riding while she twists your throttle!

'03 K1200GT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 2006, 2:51 pm
Enthusiast

Red face

Gently remind her that "stunt riding is for those who want to show off" and you'd prefer to be in a less precarious environment for certain activities.

03K12RS
:wtf Joel Callan :wtf
Milwaukee, WI 53222

Homepage
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 2006, 3:04 pm
no power in the 'verse can stop me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity
Surely you vets have encountered this danger. What is the proper protocal in this event.
In my experience, the proper protocol is to deploy the sidestand, get off
the bike and head for the woods.

tim-----still on the right side of the frostline

you can't stop the signal
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 2006, 4:53 pm
Strafist

Bahhh on you detractors!!! I say go for it. If it floats her boat, well, float it. How different is it from adjusting a GPS, opening a power bar, etc. Never mind. It's different, but viva la difference.

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 2006, 5:54 pm
Looking for better limits...

Practice riding solo without your hands on the bars. Then, on the next occurrance, bring the other hand back...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 2006, 2:32 am
Veteran

AH....Oldest trick in the book...Divert attention....attack wallet.....Oh sure it feels good at the moment......
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 2006, 9:19 am
Rider Journeyman

Quote:
I found a gal that loves to ride. After her initial trip she began to speak of common events in the context of "that might infringe on my riding time," or "I'd rather we go on a ride than attend that function."

I think it's good to find a rider that shares my love for the road.
I have the same experience with Nancy (BillysDaisy) and it is a VERY GOOD thing

Quote:
However, on one very long and straight stretch, I reached down to pat her leg. My arm was re-directed further back; apparently the pillon had some other um, well, area that needed attention. I did my best to keep my eyes on the road and to be very safe, I eventually brought the left hand back to the handlebars.

I've only been riding 11 months and I'm not quite sure what to make of this phenom. Surely you vets have encountered this danger. What is the proper protocal in this event.

Without Guile,

Gravity
Well Gravity, If it makes her happy, then I would suggest you do it as often as it is safe to do. The advantage of the LT is the cruise control, just push the "set" button and the right hand is free too Takes a bit longer to get set up with the Throttlemeister

It sounds like you've got "a keeper" with this one

SERIOUSLY though: DO NOT alter your riding to "satisfy" her. You know she likes it, but ONLY do it when you feel comfortable doing it. As you know, your number one responsibility is your (plural) safety, after satisfying that duty, then grab all the "fun and games" you can reach

Bill "Omaha"

"Life may have begun at 44, but it didn't get thrilling until I shot past 100"

'06 K1200R "Wolfgang" White Aluminum Metallic, FB 6/7/05
'04 K1200LT "Dieter" Titan Silver, FB 4/23/04
RCB, AMA, BMWMOA, Booze Brother "in training"
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 2006, 7:58 pm Thread Starter
Addict

thanks

I appreciate all your feedback. I will do my best to pleasure the pillon but will prioritize safety at all times.

I do have cruise control on the bike so I can get the use of both hands involved if one or the other gets tired. Not both at the same time, although I think she'd like that

Cheers,

Gravity

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode