"Alpha Squirrel" and nutcracker.

Location: The " Jersey Shore" in the mountains of Toms River, New Jersey, USA
Citgo's changing it's name....screw 'em

Subject: Citgo's Name Change

Subject: Citgo's Name Change - Spread the word
> >>
> >> This past week, the President of Iran visited President Chavez of
> >> Venezuela. Their main theme at the meetings, 'DESTRUCTION OF AMERICA and
> >> KILL ALL JEWS! It is not President Bush they hate, it is you and I!
> >>
> >> President Chavez is spreading the 'HATE AMERICA' to other South American countries.
> >>
> >> All American's must stand up and lesson to what the two Presidents say. Chavez is using the 'oil to the poor' in this country to undermine our government.
> >>
> >> Now Citgo is changing their name because of poor sales caused by you and I standing up and not buying Citgo gas. Don't let the name change fool you - it's still Chavez's gas!
> >>
> >> CITGO Changing Name To PETRO EXPRESS
> >>
> >> I had to forward this, because Chavez is starting to feel the loss of revenue from his holdings - HE OWNS CITGO
> >>
> >> This is a very important move that everyone should be aware
> >>
> >> ANNOUNCED JUST RECENTLY, CITGO, BEING AWARE THAT SALES ARE DOWN DUE TO U.S. (CUSTOMERS NOT WANTING TO BUY FROM "CHAVEZ"), HAVE STARTED TO CHANGE THE NAME OF SOME OF THEIR STORES, TO: "PETRO EXPRESS"
> >>
> >> DO NOT BUY FROM "PETRO EXPRESS"
> >>
> >> "PETRO EXPRESS" IS ALSO 100% OWNED BY "CHAVEZ"
> >>
> >> KEEP THIS MEMO GOING SO EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT IS HAPPENING

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory.....lasts forever. Shane Falco,"The Replacements" 00'
7.1 and done...06' K1200R-EZ Tuning Exhaust, EVO billet clutch slave, Evo dual race filter kit, Braking 'Wave' rotors and pads, Triton2 tail, Vario levers, Evo peg lowering kit, SW Motech crash bars, R&G sliders full set, Nippy Norman's rear fiberglass hugger, CRG bar end mirrors, ACS shield, RhinoMoto bar end sliders and CRG mounts, Evoluzione o2 modifier, Pazzo "shorty" levers, Cortech Sport Tail Bag and Saddlebags.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 2007, 7:00 pm
no power in the 'verse can stop me

This from Snopes.com.

You know Snopes, they're the people that check the truthfulness
of emails forwarded around the 'net.

"In October 2006, the following e-mail about Citgo and Petro Express began circulating:
CITGO, BEING AWARE THAT GASOLINE SALES ARE DOWN DUE TO U.S. CUSTOMERS NOT WANTING TO BUY FROM "CHAVEZ".... HAVE BEGUN CHANGING THE NAME OF SOME OF THEIR CIRCLE K STORES IN TEXAS & OKLAHOMA...AND POSSIBLY OTHER PLACES AS WELL, TO: "PETRO EXPRESS"

THEREFORE, DO NOT BUY FROM "PETRO EXPRESS", ...NOR CITGO....

"PETRO EXPRESS" IS ALSO 100% OWNED BY "CHAVEZ" ....
Both Circle K and Petro Express are privately-owned chains of convenience stores, the former an international property of Quebec-based Alimentation Couche-Tard, and the latter based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Neither is owned by Citgo or the Venezuela government. Although Petro Express outlets did sell Citgo gasoline, the company announced in October 2006 that the chain was phasing out sales of Citgo Petroleum Corp. gasoline and by 2007 would no longer be vending the brand.

It is not uncommon for independent stations and chains to switch fuel suppliers from time to time. Occurrences of independents dropping Citgo in favor of other suppliers are often misinterpreted by the public as attempts on Citgo's part to "switch names" in order to fool consumers into continuing to purchase Citgo gasoline. "

I certainly understand having a beef with Chavez, but spreading damaging lies about
businesses NOT associated with him doesn't really hurt him.

tim-----still on the right side of the frostline

you can't stop the signal
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 2007, 7:15 pm

The disgusting facts are, whether it's Citgo, or gas from Middle Eastern countries, and elsewhere we're buying gas and other natural resources from enemies of America everyday.

Additionally, my company sells a LOT of heavy equipment in Venezuela and a little known fact is that the majority of people in Venezuela very much LIKE Americans and that Chavez is, NOT supported by most of his people.

He's just another dictator with a mouth that will go by the wayside in time, just like the "President" of Iran. I suspect for the guy in Iran there is a missle programmed to fly right up his butt-hole.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 2007, 7:21 pm
no power in the 'verse can stop me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent
The disgusting facts are, whether it's Citgo, or gas from Middle Eastern countries, and elsewhere we're buying gas and other natural resources from enemies of America everyday.

And whether they want to admit it or not, they're buying stuff from us.

It's that global economy thing I keep reading about in the business section
of the newspaper.

tim-----still on the right side of the frostline

you can't stop the signal
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 2007, 7:43 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by shook sez
"PETRO EXPRESS" IS ALSO 100% OWNED BY "CHAVEZ" ....
Both Circle K and Petro Express are privately-owned chains of convenience stores, the former an international property of Quebec-based Alimentation Couche-Tard, and the latter based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Neither is owned by Citgo or the Venezuela government. Although Petro Express outlets did sell Citgo gasoline, the company announced in October 2006 that the chain was phasing out sales of Citgo Petroleum Corp. gasoline and by 2007 would no longer be vending the brand.
If Petro Express claimed it planned to phase out Citgo then it must have changed it's mind. I live and work around the Charlotte area where Petro Express is based and they all still sell Citgo. Even the new ones that have opened in the last couple of months. No matter who sells it, I won't buy Citgo gas and Chavez and anyone who supports him can kiss my

'03 K1200GT

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2007, 2:57 pm
Enthusiast

lol, i never knew about this, and my dad used to own a gas station. I thought there were 3 major oil companies in US and all the gas stations got their gas from those 3.

ill keep this in mind.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 2007, 8:38 am
Just saying hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tall2fall
Subject: Citgo's Name Change

Subject: Citgo's Name Change - Spread the word
> >>
> >> This past week, the President of Iran visited President Chavez of
> >> Venezuela. Their main theme at the meetings, 'DESTRUCTION OF AMERICA and
> >> KILL ALL JEWS! It is not President Bush they hate, it is you and I!
> >>
> >> President Chavez is spreading the 'HATE AMERICA' to other South American countries.
> >>
> >> All American's must stand up and lesson to what the two Presidents say. Chavez is using the 'oil to the poor' in this country to undermine our government.
> >>
> >> Now Citgo is changing their name because of poor sales caused by you and I standing up and not buying Citgo gas. Don't let the name change fool you - it's still Chavez's gas!
> >>
> >> CITGO Changing Name To PETRO EXPRESS
> >>
> >> I had to forward this, because Chavez is starting to feel the loss of revenue from his holdings - HE OWNS CITGO
> >>
> >> This is a very important move that everyone should be aware
> >>
> >> ANNOUNCED JUST RECENTLY, CITGO, BEING AWARE THAT SALES ARE DOWN DUE TO U.S. (CUSTOMERS NOT WANTING TO BUY FROM "CHAVEZ"), HAVE STARTED TO CHANGE THE NAME OF SOME OF THEIR STORES, TO: "PETRO EXPRESS"
> >>
> >> DO NOT BUY FROM "PETRO EXPRESS"
> >>
> >> "PETRO EXPRESS" IS ALSO 100% OWNED BY "CHAVEZ"
> >>
> >> KEEP THIS MEMO GOING SO EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT IS HAPPENING
This is from TruthorFiction.com and here is the link tp the direct quote from them... http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/p/petroexpress.htm

Don't buy Gas from Petro Express Because It Belongs to Controversial Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez-Fiction!

Summary of the eRumor:
The eRumor warns not to buy gas from Petro Express because it's just another name for Citgo, the oil company owned by Hugo Chavez, the controversial anti-American president of Venezuela.

The Truth:
It is not true that Petro Express is owned by Hugo Chavez or Venezuela. It is an American-owned company headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina Petro Express has sold Citgo gas in the past and is phasing it out.

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has drawn the ire of Americans for his open opposition to the United States. His most dramatic display was during a fiery speech before the United Nations in September of 2006 in which he called president Bush "the devil" and suggested that the United Nations should move elsewhere, perhaps Jerusalem.

Because of Chavez's hatred of the United States, many American motorists have called for a boycott of Citgo, was founded as an American company but is now owned by Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A., the national oil company of Venezuela.

Updated 12-1-06

Woody aka Sober Biker

If you ask me anything I don't know, I'm not going to answer.
Yogi Berra

'02 R1150RT - "Ellen" - SOLD
'07 K1200GT - (Yet to be named)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 2007, 11:27 am

I buy gas exclusively at Ctigo

Viva Chavez!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 2007, 1:32 pm
Looking for better limits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomedes
Viva Chavez!
:troll

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 2007, 11:57 am
I'm riding

Talking

Strange is the fact that you are still using gas in principle:-))

It's high time to switch to spirit or something else and stop feeding all those enemies:-))

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'07 F800ST Blue - wife's(sold)
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode