Helmet sizing - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 2007, 11:20 am Thread Starter

Helmet sizing

I was trying on a fancy Schuberth helmet last week. It was a size too small with a full face flip down front and a couple of tinted lenses that slid down from the forehead like a helicopter helmet but built right into the helmet. Everything had neat locking button controls; even the chin strap was a locking latch not the standard D ring. The helmet was very tight. Then in trying to figure out how to get out of this claustrophobic death trap nightmare I hit a switch that closed one of the tinted lenses. It slid down and locked. It was pretty clear that no one had ever survived wearing one of these and I had to get it off of me… soon or asphyxiate. Of course one of the things about really good helmets is that they are sound proof… in both directions in and out. The clerk helping me was blithely chattering away, I could see him, his lips were moving. He noticed that I wanted out when I had broken my nails clawing at the releases on the god forsaken thing and then was trying to smash the face guard open on the corner of his desk. He helped me take it off finally. Then he showed me how to release the full front face and the special child proof chin strap release. I said I thought I’d wait till he had some larger sizes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 2007, 2:01 pm

Helmet sizing

I had a Schuberth.. got stoopid and sold it.. one of the worst mistakes I have ever made. Once you get the right size on, you will LOVE that helmet! The trick is to open the chinbar first.. then getting it off is a breeze, as I am sure you found out.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 2007, 9:47 pm

I purchased a C2 last winter and sorta had the same problem . It took about 3 months before I felt it was not too tight . I also found I had the chin strap WAY too tight , trying to wear it like my Shoei. Now it fits me like a glove not to mention its very quite. With a pair of er6i's on I can't hear a thing , well almost. The sizing is a bit funny . I wear a large shoei and a extra large Schuberth C2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2007, 2:17 pm

I've had a C2 for about a year now and I didn't really care for it at first but heard lots of good things about it. After a few months it did get broke in but there are still a few things I really don't like about it. I really can't move my head from side to side wearing it and it fogs up way too much. I am constantly fighting opening and closing the visor to get rid of the fog, not to mention trying to ride at the same time. I don't think my next helmet purchase will be a Schuberth
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2007, 2:38 pm
Strafist

Mine leaked thru the top of the visor, built up in the chin dam and then downloaded via the neck and onto the chest. This was particularly fun when it was 40 degrees outside.

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode