Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Germantown, MD, USA
Some words you MENSA candidates might enjoy!
Some words you MENSA candidates might enjoy! (I love the last one).
The Washington Post's Mensa Invitational once again asked readers to
take any word from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting, or
changing one letter, and supply a new definition.
Here are this year's winners. Read them carefully. Each is an
artificial word with only one letter altered to form a real word. Some are
1. Intaxication: Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts
until you realize it was your money to start with.
2. Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
3. Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops
bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little
sign of breaking down in the near future.
4. Cashtration (n.): The act of buying a house, which renders the
subject financi ally impotent for an indefinite period.
5. Giraffiti: Vandalism spray-painted very, very high.
6. Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the
person who doesn't get it.
7. Inoculatte: To take coffee intravenously when you are running
8. Hipatitis: Terminal coolness.
9. Osteopornosis: A degenerate disease. (This one got extra
10. Karmageddon: It's like, when everybody is sending off all these
really bad vibes, right? And then, like, the Earth explodes and it's, like,
a serious bummer.
11. Decafalon (n.): The gruelling event of getting through the day
consuming only things that are good for you.
12. Glibido: All talk and no action.
13. Dopeler effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter
when they come at you rapidly.
14. Arachnoleptic fit (n.): The frantic dance performed just after
you've accidentally walked through a spider web.
15. Beelzebug (n.): Satan in the form of a mosquito, that gets into
your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.
16. Caterpallor (n.): The color you turn after finding half a worm
in the fruit you're eating.
And, the #1 pick:
17. Ignoranus: A person who's both stupid and an asshole.
'07 K 1200 GT Deep Blue Metallic
10 Harley Davidson Stree Glide FLHX
History: '74 Honda CB360, '78 Yamaha XS750SE, '02 K1200RS Pacific Blue
"There is never enough time to do all the nothing you want to do" - Calvin and Hobbes