Rules to enter Texas - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 2005, 7:12 pm Thread Starter

Talking Rules to enter Texas

Rules to Enter Texas:

Applies to each person as they enter Texas.
Learn & remember:
East Coast and California-types pay particular attention!

1. Pull your droopy pants up.
You look like an idiot.

2. Let's get this straight; it's called a "gravel road." I drive a pickup truck because I want to. No matter how slow you drive, you're going to get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get out of the way.

3. They are cattle & oil wells. That's what they smell like to you. They smell like money to us. Get over it. Don't like it? I-20 and I-10 go east and west, I-35 goes north and south. Pick one.

4. So you have a $60,000 car. We're impressed. We have $250,000 cotton strippers that are driven only 3 weeks a year.

5. So every! person in every pickup waves. It's called being friendly. Try to understand the concept.

6. If that cell phone rings while a bunch of doves are coming in, we WILL shoot it out of your hand. You better hope you don't have it up to your ear at the time.

7. Yeah, we eat catfish & crawfish. You really want sushi & caviar? It's available at the corner bait shop.

8. The "Opener" refers to the first day of deer season. It's a religious holiday held the closest Saturday to the first of November.

9. We open doors for women. That is applied to all women, regardless of age.

10. No, there's no "vegetarian special" on the menu. Order steak. Or you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the 2 pounds of ham & turkey.

11. When we fill out a table, there are three main dishes: meats, vegetables, and breads. We use three spices: salt, pepper, and Picante Sauce. Oh, yeah..! .. We don't care what you folks! in Cincinnati call that stuff you eat... It AIN'T REAL CHILI!! Chili was born and bred in San Antonio.... and real chili never met a tomato!

12. You bring "coke" into my house, it better be brown, wet, and served over ice. You bring "Mary Jane" into my house, she better be cute, know how to shoot, drive a truck, and have long hair.

13. College and High School Football is as important here as the Lakers and the Knicks, and a dang site more fun to watch.

14. Yeah, we have golf courses. But don't hit the water hazards - it spooks the fish.

15. Colleges? Try Texas, Texas A&M or Texas Tech. They come outta there with an education plus a love for God and country, and they still wave at passing pickups when they come for the holidays.

16. We have more folks in the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines, than any other state, so "Don't Mess with Texas" If you do, it will get you whipped by the best.

17. Always remember what our great governor Sam Houston once said:

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2005, 10:38 am

Well Said....
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2005, 10:54 am

Works for me.....

Rusty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2005, 11:13 am
"Hey Y'all"

Don't mess with Texas ....

I liked them all, but # 17 is a keeper. Sam saved Texas twice. Not a bad record to have.

I don't know whether Claude Benton Hudspeth was a relative, but his ancestors moved to Texas from Pennsylvania. My ancestors moved to NC from Pennsylvania. Not too many Hudspeth's around back in the 1700s, and since we LOVE Texas, there must be a connection. Hudspeth County, nothing there but cactus. I think we'll pay a vist this April at the Pre-THC rally.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2005, 11:35 am

Wink What does the t shirt say?

James I'm going blind trying to read the t-shirt.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode