A Heartwarming Christmas Story - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Dec 18th, 2005, 6:25 pm Thread Starter

A Heartwarming Christmas Story

During the Christmas season, the Post Office assigns a person whose only job is to process all the mail with non-existent addresses, such as to Santa.

One day, a letter came to his desk, addressed in a shaky handwriting, to God. He thought he should open it to see what it was about. He opened it and read:

Dear God:
I am an 93 year old widow, living on a very small pension. Yesterday someone stole my purse. It had $100 in it, which was all the money I had until my next pension check.

Next Sunday is Christmas, and I had invited two of my friends over for dinner. Without that money, I have nothing to buy food with, I have no family to turn to, and you are my only hope.

Can you please help me?

Sincerely,

Edna

The postal worker was touched. He showed the letter to his co-workers.

Each of them dug into his wallet and came up with a few dollars. By the time he made the rounds, he had collected $96, which he put into an envelope and sent to the woman.

The rest of the day, all of the workers felt a warm glow because of the kind thing they had done.

Christmas came and went. A few days later, another letter came from the old lady, addressed to God. All the workers gathered round while the letter was opened. It read:

Dear God,
How can I ever thank you enough for what you did for me? Because of your gift of love, I was able to fix a glorious dinner for my friends. We had a very nice day and I told my friends about your wonderful gift.

By the way, there was $4 missing. I think it must have been those thieving bastards at the Post Office.

Sincerely,

Edna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode