Is your motorcycle Male or Female? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2010, 3:04 pm Thread Starter

Wink Is your motorcycle Male or Female?

I've asked this question to others. This is my take....

From a female perspective, I'd probably say they are male.... You have to take care of them all the time. Give them maintenance - regularly!, constantly buy them new toys to keep them interested but the best thing is, they give you a great feeling between your legs!

2010 K1300GT My beloved ROCKET!!
IBA #37898
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2010, 3:15 pm

...buy toys for them?

I've bought toys for my cats, but not for my bikes

regards,
Joe

...Hurry up?!? ...Why?
I've got all the rest of my life, to do everything I'm going to do.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2010, 7:19 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloowpoke
...buy toys for them?

I've bought toys for my cats, but not for my bikes

regards,
Joe

My bike likes new toys. He's enjoyed the Autocom, the fuzeblok gives it a little more breathing room, the FusionX lights on front, helps him stay on the road.....there are LOTS of toys for my baby!!

2010 K1300GT My beloved ROCKET!!
IBA #37898
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2010, 9:06 pm

I kinda thinks of mine as female.

Specifically, a hot Goth chic.

Not exactly everyone's taste and a little quirky. But when you get it wound up, what a ride!

Bill

2006 K1200R
Loud brakes save lives!
Harley Davidson (noun) -The most efficient way to convert gasoline into noise, without the side effect of horsepower.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2010, 12:11 am
Rookie

Female for sure:

Not happy without expensive accessories

Twist her throttle too hard and she screams like a wild cat

Will carry only the finest luggage

Has a full fairing but acts like she’s naked

Nice body lines

Heats up a crotch in a couple of minutes

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2010, 2:09 am

Yep, Female
High maintenance, constantly needing lotions and soaps to look their best, get more out of them with 'premium' drink, and the harder you ride them the more you smell burning rubber ... we could go on...
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2010, 10:12 am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGirl
I've asked this question to others. This is my take....

From a female perspective, I'd probably say they are male.... You have to take care of them all the time. Give them maintenance - regularly!, constantly buy them new toys to keep them interested but the best thing is, they give you a great feeling between your legs!
hmmm...

From your definition, it sounds more like my ex and therefore must be female.

As my pop said, "Just find someone you really hate and buy them a house." Never understood that line then - but sure do now.

"Great feeling between your legs?" Only after you wallpaper their kitchen, paint their bedroom for the ump-teenth time, install their new fangled toilet, change their carpet to match their paint color. Buy new furniture to match some silly table of theirs. Give them a massage when demanded (See if they ever return that favor! Ha!). Gawd, I could go on and on. Hell, I'd be happy in a tent with a dog. Now that's low maintenance.

Other posts are bloody accurate too. My bikes, therefore, must be female the more I think about it. Hell, they've already taken over the garage and kicked me out too. Next they'll be talking to some lawyer and it will be time for the tent and dog.

As they say, "Take a sidecar rig out and put your wife and dog into it and go 1000 miles. See which one still likes you at the end of the day with a smile."

Mack
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2010, 8:32 pm

Okay, I think I'm beginning to understand what this is all about :-)

Fortunately, I don't consider it to be male or female. I've never cared much for either one, so that means I may find the bike to be more satisfactory than either could be. Other bikes in the past have easily surpassed people, for dependability.

The bike is just a tool, used when convenient and put away when inconvenient. I have no emotional commitment to it at all. As long as it does the job I bought it for, I'll keep getting it out and using it. When it no longer does the job, I'll let it rust away or get rid of it if someone else wants it. It's just a more complicated tool than my soldering pencil or vacuum cleaner.

Right now, it's adequate, but could be better. Like any craftsman, I modify my tools so they do the job better. I doubt it will ever be completely satisfactory, but I expect it will be considerably improved before I give up trying to make it better. Maybe it'll even get good enough to keep it around for a few hundred thousand miles, like one of my previous bikes.

regards,
Joe

...Hurry up?!? ...Why?
I've got all the rest of my life, to do everything I'm going to do.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2010, 8:44 pm

La Princessa....

Look at her in my avatar... she's CHAMPAGNE colored for God's sake! Gotta be a girl.

(fixing that soon...... I've found the color blends in to background to much during a recent trip to the keys..... not left turners but people pulling out in front of me from the right.... I figured it out when I was driving here one day and saw a champagne colored car and noticed how it blended in with faded asphalt.)

Tony G

'87 K100LT "Her Teutonic Majesty"
'79 XS750 "The Triple"
'72 A65T "The T-Bolt"
'68 B25 "The Blue Bike"
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2010, 9:05 pm
Enthusiast

You're Bad!

Very Bad in fact, but I like the way you think!

Jim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode