Views:	195
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	2863  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 2006, 7:34 pm
Enthusiast

Cool

Well I am suprised. Why do the police need guns and bullets? I have read were the Aussies have had all of their guns confiscated. What's the deal?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 2006, 10:45 pm

Well...basically because they only took the guns from the honest people that turned them in. Trust me, they still have plenty of guns over there. Believe it or not, there are some dishonest people in this world that didn't turn their's in to be destroyed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 2006, 12:42 am Thread Starter
Veteran

guns and things that go bang

Yep. Crooks have heaps of guns. And believe it or not when they kill someone you find they are unlicensed. The good guys ....They had to hand theirs back. I am ex army weapons instructor, ex police...Honourable record with both, not allowed to have a firearm.

Oddly enough I had my son carrying an auto when he was about ten. He got a licence when he was 18 (legal age) then gave up shooting cos he thought all his pals were nuts with guns.

Now the law is you need fifteen recommendations from the Salvation Army, Friends of the Earth and whatever , plus training and interviews to get a licence.

84 year old Irish nursery man (gardens) that fought for this country in WW2 tells me that he had two customers in there buying plants. Man asked the wife to give him money from her bag. She did ,but accidently dropped a pistol and shot him in the foot. Similiar incidents have happened in his yard before. Now none of these people were born in this country and the woman was not wearing an Akubra hat on her head, so you figure it out.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 2006, 7:58 am

When were you in the army? And yes, I am assuming you were with the Australian army. Did a joint airborne operation with some 3rd RAR guy's in 97 about 3 or 4 hundred K west of Rockhampton. Supposedly, we were the first foreign airborne troops to jump on Australian soil in something like 15 years. Beautiful country but the 23-1/2 hours in the back of a C141 Skylizard getting there really sucked.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 2006, 10:46 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

army

Too embarrassed to say when I was with the Army, and it was the Armoured Corps. Damn long time ago. Last week I drove through that area west of Rocky because I also did an exercise there a long time ago, and it did involve US forces. Wanted to check out a pub I remembered. I think that western part of the state is pretty much like Texas, lots of dirt roads, have a look at this pic. This gabby old bugger only shut up when I pulled the camera. That pic could be in Arizona or Texas

sorry pic wont go this time

Last edited by Papilio; Jul 6th, 2006 at 10:53 pm. Reason: no pic
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 2006, 7:51 am

I'll PM you some pictures of when I was there. Beautiful country and in some instances it is similar to Texas. Except for those damn kangaroos! I had the crap scared out of me by one of those big monsters. My team and I were set up in a perimeter when we heard what sounded like a truck braking brush towards us. Kind of got a little pucker factor going because of the training films we had to watch before we came over. You know the one's, "The worlds 10 most deadly animals live in Australia." So needless to say, we were a little surprised when this kangaroo jumped right inside our perimeter. I do believe that he was as surprised to see us as we were to see him. The seven of us, including the kangaroo, just kind of sat there and looked at each other for a few seconds...and then he was gone. Been all over the world and I have to admit, seeing a 6 foot tall rat that could kick my ass certainly got my attention.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode