Video - 303 kmph on normal road - Norway. - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2005, 12:57 pm Thread Starter

Exclamation Video - 303 kmph on normal road - Norway.

This is the Big discussion topic in the Press and rags over here in Norway today.

A Video has been presented on a homepage from Norway, this shows a Motorcyclist and a normal open Norwegian road.... remember Norway has one of Europe's stricktest Penalties for speeding(40kmph above noted spd.limit, un-conditional Jail) and Speed Limit on this 'stretch' filmed here differs from 50kmph to 80 kmph...though take a look at his Speedometer... and espesially take a look at his 'fastest' 'wheelie' drive....

First of all I would define...I am not promoting this kind of driving, but I wanted to share it with all of you...

Go ahead, CLICK, but sit down... the name of this 'snippet' says "Grisekjoering" and the most correct translation to English is "Pig driving"....or idiots I would say....sort of fun too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2005, 1:30 pm

Saw something like this on one of the "Ghost Rider" DVD's... except that "nutter" was doing this through the peak traffic! Sure it featured one of the Scandinavian countries but I just can't recall if it was Norway or Sweden.

As you say... completely daft... but fun to watch

Thanks
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2005, 1:37 pm Thread Starter

Could have been a Video from this Norwegian Web-site:
THE EXTREME MOTORCYCLE VIDEO WEB EXPERIENCE
ROADMC.COM

Actually this is a very nice Web-site with a lot of Video's and even Traffic rules as of Speed-limits and so on for almost every European Country..go take a look.
These guys are hilarious..and fun to look at..and some nice roads too...the sorry part is...the winter is eminent over here with frosty roads..so...

Last edited by LOCUS; Oct 21st, 2005 at 1:49 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2005, 3:32 pm

Visited the Road MC web site... agree with your comments in full. Nice scenery in Norway... I must visit at some point.

Whilst talking of videos... is there any way the k-bikes site could host a page of links to such sites. I know you have a "sticky" relating to BMW videos, but these others are worth viewing.

Just a thought ?
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2005, 3:45 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmr
Visited the Road MC web site... agree with your comments in full. Nice scenery in Norway... I must visit at some point.

Whilst talking of videos... is there any way the k-bikes site could host a page of links to such sites. I know you have a "sticky" relating to BMW videos, but these others are worth viewing.

Just a thought ?
The thought aint bad, not bad at all. And I intend to put all here!, but 'time' is a topic as of now, sry.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2005, 4:27 pm

Red face

Sorry... no pressure intended. I have the utmost admiration for you and the team for getting things up and running so well.

Fully appreciate the time constraints.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2005, 8:04 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOCUS
... Speed Limit on this 'stretch' filmed here differs from 50kmph to 80 kmph...though take a look at his Speedometer... and espesially take a look at his 'fastest' 'wheelie' drive. ...
I've looked at the video, and I think that the speedo has been 'tweaked'. If the rider is doing at one point around or in excess of 200km/h, then how come the car coming in the other direction isn't just a blur. If you look carefully, and compare it with ones own riding, then the speedo must be lying.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 2005, 2:58 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclauson
I've looked at the video, and I think that the speedo has been 'tweaked'. If the rider is doing at one point around or in excess of 200km/h, then how come the car coming in the other direction isn't just a blur. If you look carefully, and compare it with ones own riding, then the speedo must be lying.

I was just about to make the same comment!....eeeer!! unless the car was going backwards....Naaaaaa!!! this just doesn't seem right to me!....gone for a ride to check it out.

Steve
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2005, 11:05 am
Enthusiast

Did you happen to notice the speedo reading as the rider came to a stop. Maybe I am being tricked by the video, but even at speeds "exceeding" 200kph he doesn't seem to be going all that fast. Just look at objects alongside of the road and think about the apparent "closing" speed of those objects and ask yourself if it seems consistent with the speedo reading. Could it be that the speedo had been "hacked"?

Jim
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2005, 11:19 am
No bogey's twist wrist

300 kph

I don't believe that the speedo is tweaked, the focus is out front which is consistent, looking over to the side would give you the blurring. I have exceeded 150 mph and the closing speed seems consistent give the excellent brakes on bikes now a days. JMHO of course most of the run was in the 200kph range or just around the 150mph mark.

If it's got curves ride it.
life member NRA, GOA and Tennessee Firearms Owners Association.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode