So you wanta Hamburger Hey? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2005, 3:52 pm Thread Starter

So you wanta Hamburger Hey?

Anyone catch the documentary on PBS the other night about burger joints in the USA? Only PBS can get away with such a mundane topic and turn it into something really interesting.

I could see myself hoping on the “K” in the near future to search out these eateries of various flavors and color. The documentary went beyond just describing each individual burger offering, they went on to explain the history of the establishment itself and the generations of family involved over the years.

Some of you may have eaten at some of these already. My hopes are to do the same some day…ALL OF THEM.

Connecticut:
Ted’s in Meridin ….STEAMED BURGERS! I gotta try these bad boys!

Louis Lunch in New Haven….made in vertical (1899) ovens served on bread…Don’t ask for Ketchup!

Wisconsin:
Solly’s in Glendale…Best in the State…A STICK of BUTTER on each burger! OUCH.

Wheel In Drive In in Milwaukee…They serve all burgers with PEANUT BUTTER on them! YUM!

Chicago:
CHEEZBOOORGER! CHIPS, NO FRIES!
The Billy Goat Tavern….. Yep, the one and only as seen on SNL.

New Mexico:
The Bobcat Bite in Santa Fe…….Each served with a special CHILE sause.

Oklahoma:
The Meers Store……Pretty much a ghost town. Co-owned by Willy Nelson.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2005, 4:17 pm
Statmaster

Be careful, because you might get confused wtih a LT rider with all this ride to eat stuff (or one of those Ft Worth RS pussies... er, I mean Ft Worth RS Posse). :p

BTW: If you are looking for a good Green Chili Cheeseburger in New Mexico, I recommend the Los Ojos Bar & Grill in Jemez Springs, NM. It's worth the trip.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2005, 4:44 pm

Best burger in So Cal

You can't go wrong with In 'N Out - Mmmm animal style!
Although, Tommy's up in LA is really tasty - well anything is good at 2AM on the way home from the clubs.

I think one of the best burgers I had was... crap I can't remember the joint, but the burger was sooo good, a blue cheese and bacon burger. I can still recall the juicy tender bite and he flurry of flavours that danced in my mouth. I'm going to post this and think about it all day... grrr!!!!

Although there are tons of really good burger joints and people are just as partial as they are partial to the brand of motor oil they prefer.

ONON-
Mark

PS - I second that bar in Jemez Springs! There are some cool hot springs right about 5 miles from there that I used to frequent while I lived out there. If you want a really an awesome breakfast burrito, ChiliWorks in Los Alamos is the bomb!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2005, 4:54 pm

Thumbs up The burger joint near Kerrvile

What was the name of the place we all stopped at where they serve a jalapano burger. I remember all the bikes sitting in front and the radar detectors started going off on the whole lot of them when a sherrif drove by. Jeff was standing outside when that happened.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2005, 6:03 pm

That reminds me of a Mexican Cheeseburger I ate in a restaurant in Reserve,NM. About 45 minutes out of town on my way to AZ my stomach started growling and grumbling I thought I was going to explode.
I didn't dare fart. I found a pull over with a hole in the ground outhouse. I got lucky. I hayed to bring this up, but when you mentioned a cheeseburger in NM I flashed back on that experience. Don't eat no more Mexican Cheeseburgers.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 2005, 1:18 am
Looking for better limits...

Question Rocksprings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaynnes
What was the name of the place we all stopped at where they serve a jalapano burger. I remember all the bikes sitting in front and the radar detectors started going off on the whole lot of them when a sherrif drove by. Jeff was standing outside when that happened.
Texas Highway 55 with the great sweepers going north, stopped in that resturaunt for those burgers, then headed back down 55 to do the sweepers in the other direction. I'm going to say Rocksprings, but I'm not positive.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 2005, 8:10 am

Well...it use to be one of the best burgers around IMHO, but sort of going down hill...place called Angelo's around the greater Flint, MI area. 50's style joint...don't go to the original in Flint unless you want to get mugged/shot at.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 2005, 5:55 pm

Thumbs up Burgers in Jersey

There is a little place on River Road in Hackensack, NJ by the name of White Manna
The burgers are small and prepared in front of customers on a grille by the dozens with cheese and onions
When you leave you take with you the special White Manna smell which becomes embedded in your clothing
Nothing like reeking of onion cheeseburgers for the rest of the day

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode