K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion - View Single Post - Looking for late model BMW mechanic in GTA
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 2013, 1:00 pm
jray
Noob

Independant BMW Tech. in GTA

Hi,
I am new to the k-bike forum. I purchased a 2008 K1200GT last fall with approx. 16000 miles(US Bike).
Just came back from a 6 day trip down to North Carolina where a group of co-workers and I road a bunch of great roads in and around the "Tail of the Dragon" Of the seven of us that went down, I was the only one to ride there and back. That is a testament for the bike more than for myself. The rest of the guys trailered their bikes down. I love the bike, it performed flawlessly.

That being said, I am hoping to do most of the (simple) maintenance myself. Does anyone know of a good independent BMW tech if I need one. I have been to the Oakville dealer and while they are very friendly, I am not their usual customer were money doesn't seem to be an issue.

I am near Hamilton.

I was also looking at a GS-911 tool for resetting the service intervals. Does anyone know a good place to get one. Are the China knockoffs OK or should a splurge for the real deal?

Thanks in advance,

J

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome