Yellowstone Trip - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:31 am Thread Starter

Yellowstone Trip

I'm planning trip with my wife from our home in Torrance CA to Yellowstone NP this September. We plan to spend time in Jaskson, WY, and also visit Tetons NP, Mt. Rushmore and maybe Glacier NP with time permitting. This will be our first big ride on my 07 KGT. I've worked out some different routes but would like to hear from anyone whose ridden up there and has any suggestions.

Thanks.

Clay.

"People helping people. Its powerful stuff."
-------------Jeremy Grey.

07 KGT, Crystal Grey
02 Honda VFR800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:56 am

Yellowstone Trip

Hi K-Clay,

I did this run from the Tetons to Logan, UT, a couple of years ago in a turbo Miata convertible. Awesome scenery and wonderful folks along the way. Here it is coming from your home direction...

Try Logan, Utah, to 89 thru Montpelier, Idaho > 39 to Soda Springs, ID > 34 to Wayan, ID > Freedom, ID-WY, 89 to Alpine Junction WY > 26 to Swan Valley, ID > 31 to Victor, ID > 33 & 22 to Wilson, WY > 390 to Moose, WY.

Have fun and bring plenty of pic storage!

JS
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 1:06 am

I would like to join you on this ride (if I can take the time off that you are planning, I know I can do a week), as I live next door to you, I'm in Redondo Beach.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 6:58 am
Statmaster

Clay,

The LT gang did their annual event there in 2005. It was awesome. I highly recommend the Jackson Lake Lodge for a place to stay when in the area.

http://www.gtlc.com/lodgeJac.aspx

You can see the old website from the LT rally at http://www.curvecowboyreunion.com/CCR2005

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 9:42 am
Enthusiast

Smile

just came back from Yellowston,mt,etc. check the roads at glacier park,also the east exit from Yellowstone up to two hr wait.all in all we had a great ride hope you do to.

WOOLF
99 R1100S BLACK
02K1200RS BLACK
Iron Butt Member
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 2007, 11:11 pm Thread Starter

JS,

Thanks for the route info. There are a few roads there that I hadn't considered but will incorporate into the trip now. I like the idea of hitting the small towns like Soda Springs. A lot of this trip is about getting back in touch with small town America. I'll definately post the pics when I return (and figure out how to post pics here...hehe). Thanks!

Clay.

PS...Great quote.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 2007, 11:18 pm Thread Starter

Eljeffe,

Thanks for the links! That lodge looks amazing. I know the wife will appreciate that after a few long days of riding. The trick will be getting her to leave.

Clay.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 2007, 11:25 pm Thread Starter

Wolf,

Thanks for the tip. I think I'll miss the peak summer crowds so hopefully I won't have to wait 2 hours. Thats LA insane.

Clay.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 2007, 8:09 pm
dbw

Checkout hiway 212 (The BearTooth Hiway) that goes from Yellowstone to Red Lodge MT and also check out the Buffalo Bill museum in Cody WY. Dave
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 2007, 3:11 pm

I rode through Yellowstone last summer, from my home in the Sacramento area. I rode to Carson, WA, and along the Columbia River, and up to Randle. From there I took Highway 12 through Idaho to I-90 in Missoula and slabbed it to Butte. The ride from Carson to Missoula was memorable and I'd highly recommend it.

If you were to head over to the east side of Yellowstone, around Cody as dbw suggested, there's also some great riding to do in and around the Bighorn Mountains. Highway 14 between Grey Bull & Ranchester is also a treat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode