BMW at Sturgis? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 2008, 8:27 pm Thread Starter

BMW at Sturgis?

All,
I realized this may be the better forum to ask, has anyone ever taken their BMW to Sturgis? My family is all riding up there on their H-D, and urging me to go along and meet them. Anyone have any tales or stories? Is is acceptable to go up on a K1200S?

Thanks,
Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 7:47 pm
Looking for better limits...

Take it (and don't trailer it, either!). Personally, I've found H-D owners to be more tolerant of BMW rides that others. I also know you can show up on a V-rod and get the distant look from some, so there no pleasing everyone. And, it's not so much about the bike as it's about the ride and being there.

Someday I'm going to do it, just so I can say "I did".

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 2:35 am
"DELIVERS"

Are you kidding me?
http://sturgiszone.com/picsphotos/bi...4april10b.html
There's a dealership there.
I'll just be passing through this year with 2 HD riders....next year will likely stay for the whole thing.

'04 GT...Orient Blue...Staintune...Ohlins...Power Commander
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 9:29 am

I live about 20 min. from sturgis and we ride all during bike week. Anymore there are bikes of every imaginable make and model. Yeah, you might not get waves, but at least you know you are riding a reliable bike that wont leave you stranded.

Also, The BMW dealership in sturgis is top notch, though on the smaller scale.

If anyone is headed this way during the rally, look me up or email me first and I can give you some ideas on local hot spots!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 5:51 pm
Veteran

Poser city is about to hit my town ....what a joke!.....most other than hd drivers go for the races....not like the old days when bike week was really bike week....back then they really rode....now its just a trailer and hd show.....but hell yea go...youll have a blast...just watch all the showmenship...
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 8:01 pm

Well I know I am going on my RED K12rs!! The only shame would be not going. Who cares what everyone else thinks. At least you can say you were there.

I am open to any hot spots!!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 2008, 5:34 pm
Enthusiast

go for it . been there done that they are happy to have your $$$$$$$$$$$$

WOOLF
99 R1100S BLACK
02K1200RS BLACK
Iron Butt Member
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 2008, 11:06 pm
Rookie

Go, go, go,
Went there 5 years ago with my HD and my buddy on his 2002 RT, he was asked tons of questions and had more women comment to how next year they want to ride in of something not so noisy. Never had a problem, the crowd is more about riding then I would have guessed, Its a great time

Raymond
2006 K1200GT
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2008, 10:40 pm

I agree that H-D riders can be very tolerant of BMW riders. I went to Cold Spring near Santa Barbara, a noted biker bar of sorts with the H-Ds out front, Euro bikes to the left and crotch rockets waaaay down the hill to the right. I, of course, got asked by the bartenderette what my ride was. At the time, it was a 1983 R65. The biker to my left asked if it was out front. I had to tell him no, as I was out west on business. When asked how I got there, I pointed at my friend next to me. They asked what he rode - a GSXr 1100 I said.

After the deafening silence of a lot of seconds, they said he could stay because he was with me.

True story.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 2008, 1:21 pm
Enthusiast

Go and have fun on your BMW. I ride my K1200R with mostly HD guys and have never had a problem. Most the time they find my bike very interesting and end up asking a lot of questions about it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode