Givi top case feedback - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2009, 8:41 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Givi top case feedback

I am looking to purchase a Givi top case for my 04 GT. I am looking at the large cases that will hold two helmets. The only BMW solution is a 31 liter, overpriced case. I am looking for some feedback on quality, durability, handling of the bike with case attached, etc. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2009, 8:15 am
Addict

I've had a Givi 42L for about 10 yrs and have no complaints about it at all. It has faded with age, but I think that's to be expected with black plastic. It doesn't leak and will hold a large full face helmet with ease. It was riding on my Connie until I got my GT. Now it's mounted there and works great. I'm thinking about getting a 52L for a little more space. by the time I loaded my laptop, 4 jars of homemade pickles, and 1 1/2 dozen fresh eggs from my sister last weekend, it was kinda full. Dirty laundry works pretty good for wrapping up jars.

Doug Turner
'86 Concours
'99 K1200LT - gone
'06 K1200GT - the new kid in town
'08 Wing - gone
Marshall, TX
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2009, 9:11 am
Enthusiast

I have the Givi E52 Maxia case (had the 46L first). The fit and finish is great. Don't even mess with the 46L . All you can get in the 46 is two helmets and a pair of gloves. You have wiggle room with the 52L case and it just a few bucks more and almost the same exact size. No issues with handling. No brainer IMHO.

'05 R1200RT, Ruby, as in RED, (current garage queen)
'04 R1150RT, '99 Ducati 748 BiPosto, '93 Seca II, '93 K1100RS, '83 Yamaha Maxim 750,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 2009, 12:53 pm
Enthusiast

I'm going to disagree with Keith. I have the V46 on my GT and think it's the perfect case. I looked at the 52 liter case and felt it was too big. True, it will only hold 2 helmets and little more, but that's what I have the side cases for. My wife and I have been on the bike for 5 day trips and we are able to carry all the luggage we need between the three cases. If we are loaded up and stop for lunch I cable lock the two helmets to the bike so we don't have to carry them around.

'03 K1200GT

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 8:00 am
Veteran

I put the Givi 46 on my KS when my wife and I travel. It's not too big and it holds 2 full-face helmets. There isn't a lot more room than that, but it works.

07 BMW K1200 S (cosmic blue/titan silver)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 3:33 pm
ROB
We're zoned for what ? cool !

I have the 46 liter box on my Multistrada. It has worked well for me. I leave it on most of the time so I can toss stuff in there, plus I keep rain gear and tire repair stuff in it most of the time. The locking mechanism is a little squirrelly, but it hasn't broken.

But I think the 46 liter is awfully big (2 helmets is just not a concern for me), and , probably because I bought this one from Ducati Performance with the matching paint for my bike, I thought it was kind of expensive. Pushing $600, as I recall.

I just placed an order for a 36 liter Coocase, which has more features than the Givi at less money. I couldn't find anybody on this website who had bought one, so I guess I'll be the guinea pig. They are available through Twisted Throttle. under $400 for everything, including brake lights, smoke grey lenses and remote entry.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade...view/4014/626/

1990 K75S
2009 R1200GS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode