post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 4:27 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Agirl

thought would share this
Abt a woman, AGIRL who wrote a blog about the 4 corners ride
Here is how she ended it
Inspired me

By now it's probably obvious that I'm a little different
from most people; the biggest difference being my perspective. I live with the understanding that I only have so much time to live; what I do (or don't do), how I think & feel, and how I interact with the world around me is influenced by this fact. With this “there is only so much time” perspective in mind maybe it makes more sense why I stopped for the mama bear and cubs in Shenandoah National Park, or rode South Dakota alone in sheer darkness (both earlier this year), or why and how I ran the Four Corner route. If someone told YOU that you only had so much time to live what would be different in your life? Would where or how or when you ride change? Would the amount of time you spend watching tv or movies change? Would you watch them at all? Would there be a shift in the things that got you upset if you lived knowing that you only had so many days, weeks, months to live? What would become important or unimportant in your life? Would you stop and “smell the roses” more? Would your “stress” list or your “goal” list change? Would how you interact with people – strangers and friends alike – change? Really, what if someone told you that you only had so much time to live? Well, I'm telling you. No matter who you are or what you believe or what values or morals you have or what motorcycle you do or don't ride there is a truth as bright as the sun… and that is the amount of time you have left to live is diminishing. The vast, vast majority of people live in an illusion and walk around in a catatonic state as if there is a guarantee of another breathe, another day, another year. One of the saddest things I hear is the phrase “when I retire.” Sure, plan for tomorrow, but live now. Besides, I'd bet no one has ever said from their death bed "I wish I'd spent more time at the office."

There really is only so much time.... I hope you too SEIZE THE JOURNEY!

AGirl
http://usa4corners.org/

Best Rgds
Stuart
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 2014, 8:35 am
Noob

Well said !!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode