TX Panhandle to the Dragon... - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2006, 4:24 pm Thread Starter
JMc

Smile TX Panhandle to the Dragon...

Headed to the Dragon in June...will be staying in Harriman TN. Once there, we (3 KRS's and 1RT) will have around three days to see the sites; any help and/or guidance on routes, roads, eateries, etc. is greatly appreciated.

JMc
1998 K1200RS "Taxi"
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2006, 8:00 am
Enthusiast

The Gap and other points

Jim, You'll have a great time. I can tell you that. First check out http://www.great.smoky.mountains.national-park.com/ for some info on Cades Cove and other scenic places, but don't miss a few favorites like the Cherohayla Skyway and the biker friendly restaurant on the river at the Tellico Plains end of it.

Once at the gas station at the start of the Gap, you can ride down the hill and see the dam that Harrison Ford dived off of in The Fugitive... then right past it and on the right is the beautiful Tapoco Lodge, where the group always stays when we assemble at the Gap. Get a local map and take the ride from Deals Gap back to Fontana Village and beyond to the high dam... it's one of the most pleasant rides there is. Wish I were going with you all.

By the way, did you ever get the barbacks you bought from me installed?

Bill
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2006, 10:45 pm
Enthusiast

Not sure if you have a place to stay yet or not.....If not, check this one out.... www.oldeenglishtudorinn.com It's not 5-star or anything, but myself and a bunch of friends go there several times a year. The owner of the inn is a rider and is always up for playing tour guide...It's very nice to have a local person in the group because he can keep you out of the traffic, show you the good stuff on all the roads, and is realy just a cool guy overall...

If interested, call and talk to Steve and tell him Rich told you to call... Steve does ride an 1100 V-Star cruiser, but don't worry about him being too slow and boring you...The dude handles that cruiser like no one I've ever seen before.....

Rich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 2006, 10:44 am Thread Starter
JMc

Rich and Bill,
Thanks for the replies and the info...Hey Bill, Got the barbacks on and added some 2002 pegs to my 98. Much more comfortable ride than before. Rich, we will be staying in Harriman TN at a friend of my dads but may give Steve a call for one night. Thanks again, JMc

JMc
1998 K1200RS "Taxi"
[email protected]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode