a very #%@ ride up at deals gap - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 2006, 5:47 am Thread Starter

Angry a very #%@ ride up at deals gap

It all started out great, got on the road with the RS along with my friend on his GSXR1000 headed to Deals Gap.
Once arrived we went for lunch up there to afterwards slay the dragon like they say.

the first curves were great except for traffic then all of the sudden I started hearing a rattle during accelleration, in deep curves the oil light came on on turned back off. as I was looking to make a safe stop (which is hard due to few flat spots to park and not to be hit by passing traffic) then sudden no more throttle... that was it for me... My friend allready gone (passed cars and other bikes as his life was being threatened).

I parked the bike on the side of the road to wait for my friend to come back, about 25 minutes I send him shopping for oil (I checked and there was no oil at all in the reservoir glass) when he came back I poured the oil into the reservoir tried to crank it but it didn't want to give a kick, it tried to crank but then there was nothing...

God, tried to call a tow truck but no luck (easter monday) so the only solution was to ride on the back of a GsXR (what a pain) for another 2.5 HRS

At this time there's a tow truck on the way to pick it up and bring it to the dealer... don't know what i am about to face cost wise on the bike.

I do my own stunts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2006, 9:40 pm
dec

Cool

Good reason to bring the BMW Anonymous book with you. I know of someone (Brother) who lives w/i 20 miles that would have been able to help you out. He actually has been a help to several BMW riders that have requested his assistance. I guess you live and you learn. Hope it all works out well.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 2006, 2:39 pm Thread Starter

I have it with me all the time but how far can you walk when you have no cell phone coverage, got some news today, the bike needs a new engine.

I do my own stunts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 2006, 3:17 pm

OUCH! New engine or a bike w/ low oil indicator !
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 1:27 am
Looking for better limits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by belga1976
I have it with me all the time but how far can you walk when you have no cell phone coverage, got some news today, the bike needs a new engine.
So true. You think that with the technology that's availabe this day and age, you'd have cell coverage. But, where the twisties abound, chances are there's none. Or, take Death Valley. Real popular tourist-oriented national park...and cell coverage is non-existant. Middle of nowhere. There are still places in this country where you can be out of touch, and therefore out of luck.

Best wishes with getting the engine restored back to normal.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 9:05 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by belga1976
Saw this on the IBMWR marketplace, maybe he has a good engine:

parting out 2002 bmw k1200rs,abs model
no body parts,seat, or rear wheel
Price: ????
Contact Marc Kenton at
Telephone 604 317 5427
Posted Friday, April 21, 2006 at 00:12:17 (EDT)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode