The Colors.. the Colors... Peaking in Asheville - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 5:48 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

The Colors.. the Colors... Peaking in Asheville

I havenít seen this many wonderful colors since I did some particularly smooth "Orange Sunshine" at quasi-memorable Pink Floyd concert at Atlantaís Braves Stadium back in 1972.. Itís breathtaking around here.. in virtually every direction. I can honestly say.. itís the prettiest fall I have EVER seen...

Yesterday the traffic was so bad on all surrounding roads that after an hour of fighting it I came home.. Today was a different story and I have no idea why.. The local paper proclaimed that the leaves are peaking this weekend so I kinda figured it would be a madhouse on the BRPW and nearby scenic roads like Hwy 151, but it wasnít bad at all.. I probably didnít pass more than a 3 dozen cars all day.. While the local yokel weatherman predicted rain all day and a high of 58 today.. it was sunny and 65-67! ..

I took a few shots.. thought Iíd share.. The last pic is a colorful shot of some property Amber and I just bought on a nearby mountain....Enjoy.

Jerry D. Finley ("Danger" is my middle name)
"I speed, therefore I am. "

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 6:06 pm

jerry
these are gorgeous shots
and.... with the stark contrast to your INCREDIBLY SEXY WHITE K1200S...
even better

kudos to you, my friend

Greg Savel
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 BMW K1200GT
'07 MV Agusta Brutale 910R
live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 2006, 1:03 pm
Sooper Dooper Moderator

Just came back from a vacation in DC and surrounding area. We were up at Mount Vernon, Monticello, Gettysburg, Jamestown, and out to Roanoke. When I realized we would be able to take the Blue Ridge Parkway out to the Roanoke area, I was excited because I would finally be able to see what you guys on the East Coast were talking about. Unfortunately, we were on a timetable and had to take the freeways instead. But the trees were truly spectacular anyway. I can see now why motorcyclists in Virginia talk about the area so much.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode