qUICK 2-3 DAY nEW ENGLAND OR SURROUNDING AREA RIDE?? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2007, 5:50 am Thread Starter

Arrow qUICK 2-3 DAY nEW ENGLAND OR SURROUNDING AREA RIDE??

looking for suggestions on a 2-*3 day ride in any direction N S E or W, have a friend coming to visit from CA and we want ot get some riding in. I dont do too much out of state riding so any loop worth a couple days or a great destination idea would be appreciated. Let me know Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2007, 8:06 am
Throttle Jockey

I would head up to the White Mountains in NH. You are going to want to ride over the Kancamagus Highway (Rte 112) from Conway to Lincoln. From there I would head up to Franconia Notch on Rte 93. Even though this is a slab route, it is one of the most scenic i've ever been on. Make your way north up to Newport, VT. There you can pick up Rte 100 South. Depending on time, you could ride Rte 100 all the way, or take some alternate rtes. Rte 17 in Waitsfield over to the Crown Point Bridge on Lake Champlain is awesome.

Enjoy your trip!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2007, 5:36 am
Veteran

WARNING:...if you do deside to do N.H. and you happen to go thru Manchester on 93....there are some real bad ruts and tar snakes within the city limits on 93...some are killer ones....no warning signs...so ride with your eyes peeled going thru there....I would have to think they would be fixed before laconia bike week....but who knows....after Manchester your ok..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2007, 3:14 am Thread Starter

thanks guys sounds like a great run!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 2007, 8:53 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementfmfl
looking for suggestions on a 2-*3 day ride in any direction N S E or W, have a friend coming to visit from CA and we want ot get some riding in. I dont do too much out of state riding so any loop worth a couple days or a great destination idea would be appreciated. Let me know Thanks
Although I live in NC, I've traveled New England quite a bit. If I had your time, I think I'd take Rt 8 North to "get out of town." After Winsted, it gets nice. Stay on that road and cross into Vermont, picking up Rt 100. Take 100 all the way to I-89. Run the "slab" over to Montpelier and look for US 2 east; I think it's exit 8 (Memorial Drive). Run US 2 all the way to Gorham. From there, take NH 16 south. You can go up to Mt. Washington if you have time and, a little farther south, you'll intersect with the Kancamagus Byway (Rt 112). Take that great ride over to US 302 and go west about 2.5 or 3 miles where you'll take NH 10 south. That's a nice ride, mostly along the river and I-91 is always close by if you need to nail it.

I hope this helps,

Mike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode