Service in NJ - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 5:20 pm Thread Starter
Riding in company

Service in NJ

In Central and North Jersey, where do you get your service? I'm having doubts about Cherry Hill. Is Metuchen any good? Anybody heard anything about Cherry Hill? How about Max Cycle, who will apparently pick up and deliver? Thanks, Bill

BillA
Jersey Shore
K1200RS '04
BSA Victor '68ish
Club Car golf cart '92
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 6:39 pm

Since Westchester BMW closed, have been going to Metuchen. Recommended by some of my friends, have gone there twice for service and have been happy with their servicing.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 6:52 pm
Enthusiast

Thumbs up

I use Touch of Class in Phillipsburg. The owner is the wrench. A bit of a ride for you though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 7:51 pm
dez

Bill - Metuchen picks up the bike if you give them some notice. Ive had all my services done there. No issues except the light wallet syndrome when the bill arrives.

Dan
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2005, 5:42 am

I have both my bikes (K1200RS, K1200S) serviced at Cross Country BMW in Metuchen. They are knowledgeable, honest and accommodating. I highly recommend them.

As with all BMW dealers, service isn't cheap.

Ken
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2005, 10:01 am

Thumbs up Max BMW

Hi Bill,

Max BMW is a great dealership. Max Stratton has two shops, one in NH and one a bit north of Albany, actually a bit north of Troy, even. Max himself is young, hungry, energetic, enthusiastic businessman and serious rider. He's mostly in NH and his brother Ben manages the NY shop - Ben's good to deal with as well. Their web site is: http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/index.html My impression is they are trying to build a strong and profitable business by doing good business. That's the way it's supposed to work.

Service is good. The NY serv mgr is Tony Beatti. I have known Tony for years - used to have an indy MC repair shop and specialized in Beemers. He's a 100% stright up guy - the equal of Rich Santoro (owned and operated Beemer Cycles in Westchester but retired due to problems with hands). Tony is detail-oriented and he's a hands-on manager. From what I see, he pushes the rest of the wrenches to meet his standards - bet that's tough on them, but it's good for us .

They do pick up and deliver but the Jersey Shore is on the fringe. See http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/service/servicemap.html for places they already go. Richard is fellow who does the pick up/drop off - he has a big box van with large lift gate and he knows how to handle and secure bikes. And he's as reliable as traffic allows - plus keeps in touch by cell.

Not saying anything negative about Cross Country, Cherry Hill or Touch of Class, but do say I doubt that many dealers can match Max BMW.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode