Noob checking in! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2008, 4:57 pm Thread Starter

Noob checking in!

The name is Don, I live in Jersey, I ride too much, and I'm mostly two up.

I've been riding since I was 12 and I'll be 50 this year. Since I turned 17 I've never been without a bike.

I'm a gadget freak and spend a lot of time creating interesting GPS routes. I've published a few on "Sunday Morning Rides".

I'm new here because the RT is about to be retired for a GT. I'm hoping to get together with some locals for a few rides.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2008, 6:54 am

Another NJ Don

No, this is not about the Sopranos.

Hi Don. I am also Don, and am also in NJ (Morris County). Be happy to get together, but it will have to wait until mid Aug, as I will be away (including a 2 1/2 week mcycle trip to southern Appalacians!<g>

Don G
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2008, 1:57 pm
Enthusiast

Welcome to the club Don... I'll be the outliar here as my name is not Don but Gary and I live in Howell, about 30 minute away by Parkway (exit 98). Let me know when you want to ride. I work all different hours so don't be afraid to e-mail or message me anytime. Always looking to ride! I do mostly west and n/w rides from here...

Gary
2007 K1200GT
Dark Graphite Grey
New Jersey-Don't Laugh!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2008, 4:57 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongold
No, this is not about the Sopranos.

Hi Don. I am also Don, and am also in NJ (Morris County). Be happy to get together, but it will have to wait until mid Aug, as I will be away (including a 2 1/2 week mcycle trip to southern Appalacians!<g>

Don G
I just returned from Nova Scotia and in April I took a ride to Maggie Valley NC for 5 days. Life is good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltown
Welcome to the club Don... I'll be the outliar here as my name is not Don but Gary and I live in Howell, about 30 minute away by Parkway (exit 98). Let me know when you want to ride. I work all different hours so don't be afraid to e-mail or message me anytime. Always looking to ride! I do mostly west and n/w rides from here...
I'll be sure to do that. My current bike, 2005 R1150RT is sitting at CCBMW for a final drive rebuild. One of the many reasons I'm moving over to a new K.

Any word on when the 2009 GT will be out?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 2008, 12:38 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer
I just returned from Nova Scotia and in April I took a ride to Maggie Valley NC for 5 days. Life is good!

I'll be sure to do that. My current bike, 2005 R1150RT is sitting at CCBMW for a final drive rebuild. One of the many reasons I'm moving over to a new K.

Any word on when the 2009 GT will be out?
Not sure when BMW reveals the new bikes but I hope they have the airbox problem solved by then. There are still 2008 model years that are battling that same problem...

Gary
2007 K1200GT
Dark Graphite Grey
New Jersey-Don't Laugh!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode