BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

K100RS Turbo question

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  FlyingDuck 
#1 · (Edited)
In researching the K100 Turbo I see conflicting production numbers. Some say 200 were produced, others say only 20 were built using the Luftmeister Turbo Kit from RB racing.

Does any have any idea of the numbers produced and a guesstimate of how many are still in existence?

Thanks

Don

Mystic, CT

860-460-3282

#3 ·
Turbos

That is the first web site that I went to and it says that 200 were produced.
However other sites on "Google" state that only 20 were produced.

I was looking to see if any of the experts on this forum has any more information.

Thanks for taking the time to reply though.

Don

#4 ·
No prob. I'm guessing here but since the turbo pack was aftermarket and not factory, there are no definitive numbers. So I guess 200 were sold. Unless someone kept track of actual installs and history of those bikes it is probably gonna be just a WAG.

#6 ·
K100RS Turbo

Hello I am one of the lucky ones that actually own one of the 200, 87 K100RS Luftmeister turbo bikes. They are hard to come by and rare. I live in Maine, and its hard to find the parts for these up here. When I mention "Turbo", people seem to think I'm out of my mind. I belong to MOTOBRICK.com and they told me that they only knew of 3 that have survived and mine makes 4.

#7 · (Edited)
I own one of the even rarer Lufty K75 turbos. (It rocks!)

The majority of K100 turbos were sold by Luftmeister back in the 80s and I think the estimate of 200 produced/sold is fairly accurate.

My K75 also has Lufty high performance cams which I find to be much more useful than the turbo which doesn't kick in until it reaches high RPMs while the cams soup it up at all RPMs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.