** Pre THCR - Alpine, Tx - Apr 9-12 - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 14th, 2005, 11:29 am Thread Starter
"Hey Y'all"

** Pre THCR - Alpine, Tx - Apr 9-12

Note: Even though this is an April 2006 event, the motel will not be available when the time nears. April is a beautiful and popular time of year down there.

What??.A pre gathering in the high desert prior to the Texas Hill Country Roundup.
Dates??Sunday, April 9th thru Wednesday, 12th - 2006 (Arrive at your leisure. See Agenda below.)
Location?
Alpine, Texas
Motel:??
Ramada Limited. (No group reservation. Just reserve and arrive.)
Agenda?.Meet. Ride. Talk, Eat. Ride. Talk. Meals will most likely be decided in the parking lot the evening or morning prior. Plan to leave for THCR that Wednesday morning for a 350 mile ride to to Kerrville via US90 to Del Rio, then up to Rockprings for lunch (meeting up with the people already at THCR) and on to Kerrville via fm1340.
Details?. A pre gathering for the THCR in Kerrville. We considered staying in Big Bend, but Alpine Texas is 100 miles closer to everything, both arriving to the area and leaving for Kerrville. It is an easy 90 mile ride to Ms Tracy?s, the
Starlight Theater (dining with Poncho Villa), and Big Bend. Or travel even closer to the McDonald observatory, Ft Davis, or just a ride up hwy 118. Alpine offers a variety of food and beverages, GAS, etc. (ALWAYS fill up before departing from Alpine. It can be a cold and lonely wait for gas down there. AMHIKT.) The Ramada Limited has a walking trail, mountain views, restaurant beside of it, and free breakfast.

Misc Links?. (some cross linked, but what the hey)
General info
Ramada Limited Alpine Home Page
Fort Davis
McDonald Observatory
Some pics from the thread that started this whole thing.
Terlingua Ghost Town
Big Bend
Additional Lodging in Alpine
Texas Top 10 Roads
More Texas Roads

** Texas Hill Country Roundup, Apr 12-15, 2006

Advice:
-- Buy gas when you can. Do not assume that ? a tank will get you there and back. It won?t. There is gas in Alpine and Study Butte. There may be gas at the east entrance to Big Bend (8 to 5 or something like that.). There is NO gas between Ft Stockton and Alpine.
-- The grouse (big brown birds) can think well enough to miss you at 85 to 90. Above that they tend to freak and jump up into a suicidal flight path.
-- The Park Rangers are far less tolerant than the grouse. Big Bend is 45 mph. We didn?t do that, and we had no problems. But be forewarned.

Last edited by CABNFVR; Nov 29th, 2005 at 11:28 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2005, 12:44 pm

Talking Rooms

Hey, Hey, Hey,

Just made my reservations at Ramada for the 9,10 and 11th of April ......this will be a gas.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2005, 12:55 pm Thread Starter
"Hey Y'all"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesTexas
Hey, Hey, Hey,

Just made my reservations at Ramada for the 9,10 and 11th of April ......this will be a gas.
YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 2005, 3:14 pm

Thumbs up Moving On

Just talked with two more that will be doing Pre THC Roundup...

YEEEE Haaaaaah..........
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 1:30 pm

Talking Trailer Parking Available for Pre- THC

Trailer........I know, I know..........If some of the out of state folks want it, its here in Fort Worth.
We will be leaving the morning of the 9th ( Sunday ) for Alpine, so grap your steed and enjoy Texas with us. I have room for 8 to 10 tow vehicles...........just email me.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 10:11 am
Addict

Talking

What a great idea! Count us in! Cain't hardly wait to see everyone again....
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2006, 4:05 pm
Addict

Just made resevations at the Ramada in Alpine. Hunter and I will be there. I also called so as to get a room on the ground floor and was told the Houston Hardly Group will be there at the same time. Rooms are going fast.
See ya'll there.

Pete
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2006, 9:01 am
Addict

Tim
Are you coming through Memphis on your way to Texas? If so, Let's try to hook up.

Thanks
Robert

2014 R1200RT Ebony Black--(deep Burgundy)
2012 R1200RT Tri-Color (traded for 2014 R1200RT see above)
2012 R1200RT Tri-Color (Traded for exact same bike, see above)
2004 R1100SA "Piedmont Red Metallic" (Traded)
2002 K1200RS BLACK (Traded for RT)
2000 FLTRSEI "Screamin Eagle, Triple Red" Gone but not forgotten.
1999 FXR3 "Green Flame" In the Garage
1998 K1200RS "Taxi" (sold)
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2006, 11:00 am Thread Starter
"Hey Y'all"

Not this year ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerhead
Tim
Are you coming through Memphis on your way to Texas? If so, Let's try to hook up.
You're halfway there already! We're heading south to Atlanta and across I-20 this time. It takes foreverrrrrrrr to get across Tennessee from here, and even though the time is the same it seems quicker to punch out a state every three hours on the I-20 route. Besides, two years ago I-40 was closed in the Gorge, it was snowing, and our only way west to our reserved room (after 6pm. so it's "ours" whether we show or not) is to go south. I know this area, and US25 was north. Not good, as it was snowing heavy there per the NOAA weather radio. So we go through Deal's Gap. At night. In the snow and rain. We passed two slow cars on the Gap. I think it was just out of habit.

Two years ago we left Douglasville Georgia about 4:00 am heading west on I-20. Somewhere in Alabama (still dark) I see a movement in the left shoulder (actually the median, but it was 200 feet across to the other lanes). This light brown movement has my immediate interest, as we are a bit above the posted and in the left lane where "it" is. It was alive, healthy, 8 feet from the shoulder, and looking right at us. And it wasn't a deer. :wtf

see you in Texas,

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2006, 12:01 pm

Good Look'n Kitty...Kitty.

Big Bend has them to and Black Bear,Large Boar Hogs,Coyotes and Armadillos ( Texas Speed Bumps )

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode