Anyone near Austin? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2011, 1:32 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Anyone near Austin?

Had enough of the northeast. Moving the family to Austin in mid-June. We bought a house close to Lake Travis. Can't wait to get my K12RS out into the Hill Country.

One of the things I'll miss in Taxachusetts (there aren't many,) is a large group of friends close by to ride with, wrench with and occasionally, tip a few with. Hoping to find same in the Austin area. I appreciate any suggestions for local riding groups or clubs you might be able to provide.

Thanks,
Allan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2011, 1:44 pm
Addict

There's lots of folks in the Austin/San Antonio area. Try posting over in bmwlt.com. Seems like more folks visit that site than this. Whilst over there, send a post looking for Katnapinn. He's our local rescue person and runs ASAP Cycle Service. Great guy.

See ya when ya get here!

Doug Turner
'86 Concours
'99 K1200LT - gone
'06 K1200GT - the new kid in town
'08 Wing - gone
Marshall, TX
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 2011, 9:56 pm

here is the link for the The BMW Luxury Touring forum

also Two Wheeled Texan has a large group of folk from down that way

Steve
DFW
'07' GT Blue
'12' R1200GS Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 2011, 12:22 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
Had enough of the northeast. Moving the family to Austin in mid-June. We bought a house close to Lake Travis. Can't wait to get my K12RS out into the Hill Country.

One of the things I'll miss in Taxachusetts (there aren't many,) is a large group of friends close by to ride with, wrench with and occasionally, tip a few with. Hoping to find same in the Austin area. I appreciate any suggestions for local riding groups or clubs you might be able to provide.

Thanks,
Allan
There are several organized groups in the Austin area, including the Hill Country BMW group, but if you prefer to ride with a smaller group of guys come on out and join us on Saturday mornings. Most weekends we meet in Bee Cave--out near Travis and pick a route to one of our favorite breakfast spots. It is a surly bunch, but we'll be nice to you for at least an hour or so. Anyway, contact me via PM when you get in town and settled and I'll hook you up with either our group or one of the other groups in town.

MA to TX is going to be a bit of a culture shock and I hope you like it hot, because we've got plenty of hot, but at least you get to ride year round here in TX.

Cheers!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2011, 6:23 pm
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwsdad
There's lots of folks in the Austin/San Antonio area. Try posting over in bmwlt.com. Seems like more folks visit that site than this. Whilst over there, send a post looking for Katnapinn. He's our local rescue person and runs ASAP Cycle Service. Great guy.

See ya when ya get here!
Thanks Doug. I really need to spend more time on this site. Work is very busy this time of the year

Steve Shreeve
K1600GTL (on order)
2000 K1200LTI
1973 CB350 Cafe racer
2009 Vespa GTV250 (hers)

CCR '07 '08 '09'10
CCR 2011 Are We They Yet?

ASAP Motorcycle Service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode