2007 Texas Hill Country Roundup (THCR) - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 2007, 10:00 pm Thread Starter
Looking for better limits...

2007 Texas Hill Country Roundup (THCR)

The planning phase has been done. Dates are April 23 through April 26 2007. Instead of staying in Kerrville (Inn of the Hills), it's set up at River Inn Resort. The resort is located just outside of Hunt, Texas, along the Guadalupe River.

Starts Monday with lunch at Vaqueros in Rock Springs at 1:30 PM. Unscheduled rides, motorcycle discussions (BS sessions), with dinner places to be decided sometime later (maybe the morning of...) Tuesday lunch at Lost Maples in Utopia, Wednesday at Fredricksburg Brewing Company, and Thursday at OST in Banderas. 1:00 PM each.

If interested in staying at the River Inn Resort, contact them at 1 800 841-0501. Speak with Brenda, Cindy, or Michelle. Tell them you're with the BMW motorcycle group. Rate (this is unreal...) $55.00 per night. Office is open M-F 8AM to 5PM CST. Sat/Sun 9AM to 4PM CST. Credit card can secure the reservation, but there's a 7-day cancellation policy in effect.

Forms (attached below). There are two forms to fill out and mailed along with a check for $50.00 (per person) to:
Texas BMW Sports Riders
c/o James Myrick
5825 Meandering Road
River Oaks, Texas 76114-2812

Make check payable to Texas BMW Sport Riders. The $50.00 registration fee includes two dinners on the patio at the resort.

NOTE: Deadline is April 6, 2007 (Good Friday). No late registration. No paying for dinner upon arrival at the Roundup.

THCR is petty much the first K-bike gathering of the year. Outrageous roads, good sights, wonderful people. If you've never adventured out for a gathering, this is the one that will convince you you've been missing something in your meanderings (that's the road the check goes to, also). Check out the pictures of the resort on their web page. This will be a far, far better place to stay. Only possible downside is they don't have as many rooms as we've had in the past, I think about 50. Should be enough, as some rooms have two double beds, but if you're gonna go, register soon.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Attached Files
File Type: pdf waiver.pdf (49.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: pdf Registration.pdf (14.1 KB, 16 views)

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze

Last edited by Razel; Jan 10th, 2007 at 10:10 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2007, 8:38 am
Addict

Smile Resevations Made

I'm in for both the pre-rally and rally. Looking forward to it.
Be Safe Everyone!

Thanks
Robert

2014 R1200RT Ebony Black--(deep Burgundy)
2012 R1200RT Tri-Color (traded for 2014 R1200RT see above)
2012 R1200RT Tri-Color (Traded for exact same bike, see above)
2004 R1100SA "Piedmont Red Metallic" (Traded)
2002 K1200RS BLACK (Traded for RT)
2000 FLTRSEI "Screamin Eagle, Triple Red" Gone but not forgotten.
1999 FXR3 "Green Flame" In the Garage
1998 K1200RS "Taxi" (sold)
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2007, 3:26 pm

Are there, or will there be, similar arrangements made for the pre-THCR in Big Bend?

I am interested in both, but the THCR takes a lot of vacation.

David

DaMu
Houston, TX
04 K1200GT Grey Green
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 12th, 2007, 1:50 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMu
Are there, or will there be, similar arrangements made for the pre-THCR in Big Bend?

I am interested in both, but the THCR takes a lot of vacation.

David
There's a pre-THCR gathering scheduled for the weekend ahead of THCR. Big Bend National Park is the venue, starting April 20th (Friday). Plans are for the following Monday, April 23rd, to head toward Kerrville. One place there to stay is the Big Bend Motor Inn. There's also Lajitas Resort ("Resort" just doesn't appeal to me...).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 12th, 2007, 4:11 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razel
There's a pre-THCR gathering scheduled for the weekend ahead of THCR. Big Bend National Park is the venue, starting April 20th (Friday). Plans are for the following Monday, April 23rd, to head toward Kerrville. One place there to stay is the Big Bend Motor Inn. There's also Lajitas Resort ("Resort" just doesn't appeal to me...).

I'm an old Big Bend rat. I've been there 15 times over the years. College geology course, numerous vacations, etc. I love the area. I don't know where you guys will be on there trip but Lajitas is at least 30 miles from the Big Bend Motor Inn. I would recommend the the Motor Inn over the Resort. The Resort is not proximal to anything except a one day ride to Presidio from the Motor Inn on River Road. I hope to be at the THCR this year. 1200gt
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 2007, 6:07 pm
Statmaster

Sent you a PM with James' contact info.

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 2007, 10:32 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200gt
I'm an old Big Bend rat. I've been there 15 times over the years. College geology course, numerous vacations, etc. I love the area. I don't know where you guys will be on there trip but Lajitas is at least 30 miles from the Big Bend Motor Inn. I would recommend the the Motor Inn over the Resort. The Resort is not proximal to anything except a one day ride to Presidio from the Motor Inn on River Road. I hope to be at the THCR this year. 1200gt
I think we've approached 60 attendee's in the past, and while I'm sure some may not be back for any number of reasons, the interest each year picks up more and more. These out-of-the-way places don't always have plenty of accomodations for a once-a-year surge. Lajitas is the only place I could find on the web outside of the Big Bend Motor Inn. If you know of other places and possibly contact info, that'd help. 'Course, the odd thing might happen, too...the Motor Inn has more than enough for the amount that show up.

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 2007, 1:14 pm

The other place that can accomodate a larger group of people is part of the National Park Service. Within the Basin in Big Bend National Park there are rooms that are better than the Motor Inn and probably lower quality than the Lajitas. Great camping sites are available within walking distance of the hotel and restaurant facilities. Go to the website for the Big Bend National Park and check it out. Restaurant, store with beer, beautiful vistas and encounters with wildlife in the mountains in the desert. I've had nothing but good experiences there. It's in the park which has it's issues with speed control (federal speeding tickets) but for me, that is a great place to stay. 1200gt
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 2007, 10:29 pm
Addict

Smile THCR 2007 MapSource Routes and Waypoints.

Hi all,
I have plotted several rides and restaurant waypoints. Some of the waypoints are plotted from addresses and the River Inn Resort, is plotted about 22 miles from HWY 83. The waypoints are not exact but very close. After this year I will 'mark' the restaurants, etc. and they'll be exact.
Also if anybody sees any errors please let me know, or if there is a ride you'd like to add please let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: gdb THCR 2007.gdb (311.4 KB, 8 views)

Thanks
Robert

2014 R1200RT Ebony Black--(deep Burgundy)
2012 R1200RT Tri-Color (traded for 2014 R1200RT see above)
2012 R1200RT Tri-Color (Traded for exact same bike, see above)
2004 R1100SA "Piedmont Red Metallic" (Traded)
2002 K1200RS BLACK (Traded for RT)
2000 FLTRSEI "Screamin Eagle, Triple Red" Gone but not forgotten.
1999 FXR3 "Green Flame" In the Garage
1998 K1200RS "Taxi" (sold)
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 2007, 12:27 pm

Cool planning to join the rides for the first time!

I need to get my act together and get my reservations down as I plan to join up for the pre ride and the THCR----used to live in San Antonio and I know how wonderful the weather, roads and rides are in the Hill Country in April----coming from NE Oklahoma the weather can be very unpredictable as it is so famous to snow in late A;pril here but 300 miles south of OKC can be just plain wonderful!! I have been reading and keepin up with you all and since we have been iced in for a week and looking forward t another week now of ice and snow all a guy can do is plan to get out of Dodge at the first chance he has!!!

and I keep seeing all these Texans joining up for all thos eTexas rides I am thinking maybe I should offer up some Okie hospitality and mention we in Okie land enjoy a really nice time in Mid to Late May riding in SE Oklahma and the Talihena area ---I like to get down there the week after the Memorial Day Holiday as there is almost nobody there!! and the rides back into nowhere is pretty darn nice too!!! Broken Bow has a lodge now on the lake and a nice place on Lake Wister smack in the middle of some very nice rides

Jim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode