BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Daytona BMW Road Report

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  RFWILSON 
#1 ·
Visited Daytona BMW today and spent some time with the parts manager. He rode a GT unsupervised after BMW Daytona did some service on one of the demo bikes. The parts manager is a current owner of an '03GT and made some comparisons:

The throttle on the GT is a lot less (and I quote) NERVOUS than on the current S or R

He apparently rode the 'heck' out of it, unsupervised, and was very pleased with the performance.

Bike felt a bit heavier than S or R, but less than older GT

Wind management not as good as the LT or RT, but better than his '03 GT.

He thinks FWIW it will become the 'dominant' cycle in the BMW product line. And is targeted at the FJR, ST1300, and Kawa Concourse. I don't think so because of price points, but just my opinion.

So, yet another report.

#2 ·
#3 ·
Yes, Jeff, thanks, I saw it. I have a buddy who's Dutch . . . I almost enlisted his support to translate on the fly a la United Nations interpreters, but decided I would almost figure out for myself what they were saying. Hey, glad to see over the course of time that you are now a HARD ON ORDER one. I know I am going to love it but still have a nagging suspicion that I may keep the LT.

BTW, at least in Daytona there's a shortage of good used bikes so LT's are holding their own.

Good luck, and here's hoping April.

Regards

#4 ·
No, not the Dutch video, the new one. No narration or sound. Just action shots of the GT going through it's paces, one up and two up. Click on the link above.

#5 ·
Awesome Jeff. Towards the very end it almost appeared as if he was just about to scrape the pegs. And, you can't fake lean angle . . . also, the guy must have been a munchkin since it appeared at one shot his eyes were below the screen. AWESOME VIDEO . . . Thanks!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.