BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

99 K1200RS for a song

3K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Mr2U 
#1 ·
Always wondered how people got so lucky in deals that I see all over forums. Today was my day. Scored a nice 99 K1200RS with 21k mikes and all service records. Needs a little TLC from being stored outside, but WOW, I'm impressed so far. Just rode it 30 miles home. Pics to follow this evening. :grin

#7 ·
Man, that's a NICE bike for 700..

Im looking for a back rest like you have.. can you see if there are any mfg markings on it so I can try and find one onlilne (or if you dont want yours I may offer to make your bike a little less expensive lol)

But seriously, you stole that.. congrats. She's clean.. and also, seriously, who made the backrest?

#10 ·
Man, that's a NICE bike for 700..

I'm looking for a backrest like you have.. can you see if there are any mfg markings on it so I can try and find one online (or if you dont want yours I may offer to make your bike a little less expensive lol)

But seriously, you stole that.. congrats. She's clean.. and also, seriously, who made the backrest?
If you're referring to the passenger "stealth" backrest that his helmet is resting on, I think that it was an OEM option from BMW. I've seen a few online recently. Here's one on Ebay for $25 starting bid or $100 buy it now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-k1300g...850784?hash=item2ab3d730a0:g:TXYAAOSwKu5bhxQd

#12 ·
Thanks guys. Yes, I did get very very very lucky. No, I didn't also score an upgraded suspension system, but I will keep my eyes open for some, as I like to tinker. Plus, I have it apart at the moment in preparation for a full reseal. Typical rear main seal leak, and hope to do speigler lines while I'm at it. And anything else for that matter. I have a few months to get it ready for a buddy that is visiting. Want to make it safe and reliable for him.

#13 ·
Oh, and on that rear back rest.... I didn't see any markings, but I assumed it was the one that was available from Pirates lair at some point. It does use a bracket that mounts under the rear tail/luggage rack. Not sure if its BMW's as mentioned, but very well could be. The material matches the seat.

#14 ·
Looks like the Pirates Lair.. too bad they dont make em any more. If you decide you dont want it, cannot use it.. I'm your huckleberry if you decide to get rid of it.. hint hint lol.

If not I'm gonna have to fabricate my own.. I hate doing fab work, it always is sturdy and works, it is never as clean as I want it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.