BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Disable ABS warning light?

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  ernie1969 
#1 ·
K12GT, Ive removed iABS III but still have flashing lights on dash. Cant find any electronic fuse or relay for it on bike.
Any ideas?

#2 ·
The ABS unit is coded into the instrument cluster. Just removing the ABS will cause the flashing to continue. Only early models (2004)were sold without ABS and the speed sensors were connected to the ZFE unit which passed on the "speed" signal to the instrument cluster. This bike has no relay or fuses.... its CAN-Bus, so there is no magic trick to disable the flashing ABS light

#3 ·
Thanks Patrique83. I seen a video where guy snipped a wire from the ecu to achieve this but he removed a fuse also. If Im stuck with flashing light Ill just tape over it.. maybe Ill splash out $750 and get module master to repair at some point. Not an option right now.

#4 ·
The "cut wire and fuse fix" wont work on yours. Your bike (unless you are in the wrong thread) has no fuses. Each component on your bike is a computer on each own communicating over the so called "CAN-BUS" network. If a component fails, in your case the I-ABS3 it will be taken "offline" (partially). The information about speed will still be sent on to the network by the ABS controller, just the pumps will not run anymore. Usually one of the 2 pressure sensors has crapped itself (90% of the time) or the brushes on one of the motors has quit its job.

But.... i guess its too late now already to check, is one of your 2 microswitches stuck (foot pedal, hand brake lever)?

Because if one of them is pressed while turning the key, it will automatically cut power to the I-ABS3.

#5 ·
Thanks for info. I did some basic checks before ripping into it, also had main dealer do diagnostics on it. Low pressure in rear pump motor they said, thats the rear pump motor that has worn brushes. If I could get a new KAG motor it might have been fixed, but as you say the sensor is probably gone also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.