BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Portland Metro Area Meet, Greet & Eat

26K views 94 replies 3 participants last post by  Sit 
#1 ·
A group of us decided the Portland metro area needs a monthly food event where we can all sit around, get to know each other, eat some great food, toss back a few drinks of your choice and talk bikes or rides or what ever suits us. So far a fair mix of bikes has shown up, but I don't recall seeing any K bikes there other than LT's, let's get some RS and GT's there!!

So here are the details: This coming Wed, May 19.

What: Portland Meet & Greet
When: Third Wednesday of each month
Time: Around 6:30pm
Where: Pyramind Breweries McTarnahan Taproom
2730 NW 31st Portland Oregon, 97210
http://www.pyramidbrew.com/alehouses/portland

Hope to see you there by car, truck, and hopefully some by BMW.

Brian

#27 ·
Well last dinner was a mild bust. The taproom unexpectedly closed their kitchen at 6pm for a private party that they thought was scheduled for the next day. So a K bike rider who showed up just after 6 did not get to order food so he decided to not stay. Don't blame him. If he was from this board, please do come again, I will pick up your dinner-within reason :)

Brian

#28 ·
Dinner this Wed, August 15th, at our new southern location, John Barleycorns, one of the many McMenamins brew pubs. This location should not have the parking issues the other location suffered from and the service while I was there was top notch. The happy hour here ends at 6pm, so if you are cheap, I mean thrifty, try to arrive before 6 to get the cheap eats. Other wise, stop by when you can and talk bikes, make plans for a ride, get help with a problem or just sit around and shoot the breeze with like minded people.

Never fear, this is merely a social gathering of riders for the purpose of talk and friendship. There is no sales pitch to join any kind of club etc. But many of us do belong to various clubs if you are curious about what the clubs do.

What: Portland Metro BMW Bike Dinner
Time: Around 5:30pm or whenever you can make it.

ODD MONTHS
Where: Pyramid Breweries McTarnahan Taproom
2730 NW 31st Portland, Oregon 97210

EVEN MONTHS
Where : McMenamins John Barleycorns
14610 SW Sequoia Parkway Tigard, Oregon 97223
jbc@mcmenamins.com

#29 ·
September dinner this Wed, 9-19 at the Taproom. Hope to see you there. Happy Hour ends at 6pm if you want cheap eats. I have to be in Salem until 5, so will get there as soon as I can.

Never fear, this is merely a social gathering of riders for the purpose of talk and friendship. There is no sales pitch to join any kind of club etc. But many of us do belong to various clubs if you are curious about what the clubs do.

What: Portland Metro BMW Bike Dinner
Time: Around 5:30pm or whenever you can make it.

ODD MONTHS
Where: Pyramid Breweries McTarnahan Taproom
2730 NW 31st Portland, Oregon 97210

EVEN MONTHS
Where : McMenamins John Barleycorns
14610 SW Sequoia Parkway Tigard, Oregon 97223
jbc@mcmenamins.com

Hope to see you there.
Brian

#30 ·
Dinner for October will be October 17 at the TAPROOM. I tried moving the location on occasion to see if others would show up, but it really did not work. It seems even for the Taproom interest has worn off after three years. August saw no riders show up other than family members of mine, thanks. September saw two people show up but due to work I arrived late and missed finding them in the restaurant. So we are going back to the original model of the Taproom each month.

HOWEVER, I am asking that if you are planning on showing up, please let me know by the Monday prior to the dinner (email below). I have not asked for RSVPs before and I normally have not made reservations due to the unknown number of folks that would show up. That was part of the issue last month. SO now I am asking that if you plan on making the dinner, please let me know so I can make a reservation at the location. This way, if at least someone shows up on time, the reservation will be met and held and other arrivals will be directed to the proper table. If you don't RSVP but find that you can suddenly make, please do feel free to stop by, I won't turn you away. Be advised though, if I don't get any RSVPs, I may not even show up. No reason to keep doing this if no one is interested.

The time will be left at 5:30 so early arrivers can take advantage of happy hour that ends at 6. Normally folks hang out until at least 7, so if you arrive a bit later, usually someone is there. That all being said, I may be in Tualatin until 5 this day, so may be late myself depending on traffic.

So there we are, dinner Oct 17 at the Taproom.

What: Portland Meet & Greet
Time: Around 5:30pm
Where: Pyramind Breweries McTarnahan Taproom
2730 NW 31st Portland Oregon, 97210

Hope to see you there by car, truck, and hopefully some by BMW.

Brian
bcs1998@gmail.com

#32 ·
Dinner for February, the 20th is going to be at the Lucky Lab location in NW Portland at 1945 NW Quimby. This location has pizza, sandwiches, soups and salads, hopefully something for everyone. Time is going to be around 5:30 or when you can make it. If you think you can make it, please let me know. I won't hold you to it, but would like to have an idea of how many may be there.

Time: 5:30
Where: Lucky Lab 1945 NW Quimby St Portland.

And once again, this is not a club activity. This is just a dinner invite for like minded BMW riders to get together, talk bikes and what ever else is on your mind.

#34 ·
You are most certainly welcome to show up! Not everyone that shows up all the time has a BMW. Most do, some have had in the past or a family member does. Who knows, maybe someone there may be able to help if you run into a rough spot with your K100. Keep watching here for the next dinner. Should be March 20.

#35 ·
Holy cow, where has the month gone! Looks like the third Wednesday is already here! Time for another dinner. Let's try the NW Lucky Lab again. Not so sure about the time though, I have to be working until 1730 on Wed out past the airport so imagine I can't get there until 6 at the earliest. So we can make the time 6 and if you get there earlier, more power to you. I will be there though and looking for others.

Lucky Lab brew pub is at 1945 NW Quimby in Portland. See you Wednesday!

And once again, this is not a club activity. This is just a dinner invite for like minded BMW riders to get together, talk bikes and what ever else is on your mind.

#36 ·
Portland area dinner is coming up this Wednesday, April 17th. This month we are back at MacTarnhan's Taproom at 2730 NW 31st Ave Portland, OR 97210.
Why back here, why not. Good food, easy to find and plenty of parking.

Arrive between 5:30 and 6 if you want to eat cheap as happy hour ends at 6 and they are serious about it ending when Mickey's big hand touches the 6

#37 ·
Portland Dinner coming up this Wednesday, May 15. We are going to try a another new place this month..........the Golden Valley Brewery off of Bethany and Cornell. Did a recon here a few weeks ago, plenty of parking, great seating inside and large outside seating area too. Sorry, I don't remember what their happy hour is, but let's aim for 5:30pm as a rough start time. I will try to be there by then. So who's gonna be there?

Golden Valley Brewery
1520 Northwest Bethany Boulevard
Beaverton, OR 97006

#38 ·
Monthly dinner for June should be this Wednesday June 19th. It is in question though as I won't be here. That is the first day of our 15 day road trip. So is anyone willing or able to "run" the dinner this month? By run I mean be there.

If the dinner goes, it will be at the

Golden Valley Brewery
Beaverton, OR 97006

Normal time is 5:30 so the early birds can take advantage of happy hour.

If interested, you may also want to check out the BMWRO (BMW Riders of Oregon) facebook page as that page tends to get responses to the posts.

See you all next month.

#39 ·
This month's Portland dinner falls on the eve of the rally, July 17, what better way to start the activities than with a dinner?

Let's do the same time as before at the same location:

1520 NW Bethany Road
Beaverton, OR 97006

http://www.goldenvalleybrewery.com/contact.aspx

Time: 5:30 pm or whenever you can get there.

Happy hour runs until 6pm, so arrive early to save.

And remember, this is not a sanctioned club event. This merely a chance to have dinner with like minded people. Anyone can attend.

#40 ·
Monthly dinner for August is this Wednesday the 21st. We are still at GVB as they have been accommodating and the food has been good.

I plan on being there about 5:30 to take advantage of happy hour. If you can't make it that early, show up when you can.

If you don't see any obvious group of riders, ask at the hostess stand for the BMW motorcycle group. I don't make reservations since I never know how many will show, but we usually let the hostess know who we are so new folks can find us.

Golden Valley Brewery
Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

#41 ·
Sorry for the late post. Dinner is tomorrow night, Sept 18th, starting about 5:30 or so. Location is the Golden Valley Brewery.

Please feel free to join us.

Golden Valley Brewery
Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

#42 ·
Dinner time again and a great time to make new friends and talk about old rides.

When, this Wednesday, October 16, 2013.

Time, I try to get there around 5:30 so I can order cheaply off of the happy hour menu. Quite a few folks don't make it until around 6 though due to that pesky work thing.

Where, the Golden Valley Brewery
Beaverton, OR 97006

All are welcome. This is not a club event of any nature. It is merely an opportunity and reason to have dinner out with like minded people.

Hope to see you there.

Brian

#43 ·
Geez, where does the time go? Third Wed is rapidly approaching and time for dinner again.

When, this Wednesday, November 20, 2013.

Time, I try to get there around 5:30 so I can order cheaply off of the happy hour menu. Quite a few folks don't make it until around 6 though due to that pesky work thing.

Beaverton, OR 97006

All are welcome. This is not a club event of any nature. It is merely an opportunity and reason to have dinner out with like minded people.

Hope to see you there.

Brian

#44 · (Edited)
With just a blink of an eye, and twitch of a nose, December is half way in the bag and the Winter solstice is just a week away. That means we have made it half way and Spring is just around the corner and hopefully better riding weather. Also means time for another dinner!! Come hang out with other riders and share plans of upcoming trips or anything else you may want to talk about.

When, this Wednesday, December 18, 2013.

Time, I try to get there around 5:30 (traffic does not always make this so) so I can order cheaply off of the happy hour menu. Quite a few folks don't make it until around 6 though due to that pesky work thing.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

On a side note, it is December and the weather can be sketchy and holiday parties can fill up a restaurant fast. So, weather, use your best common sense. If its slippery, snowy, not safe, stay home. It's just dinner. As for the restaurant, I put a reservation in for 1745-1800 under my name and/or BMW motorcycles.

#45 ·
The new year has come and it seems to be getting light earlier and staying light later. Riding season (good riding) can't be too far away! How about dinner to talk about what Santa brought us and what we plan on doing this coming summer. Also maybe talk about what if anything we can do next holiday season for those less fortunate.

When, this Wednesday, January 15, 2014!

Time, 5:45 (happy hour ends at 6) or whenever work and traffic allow you to get there. We are usually there for at least 1.5 hours.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

#46 ·
Hopefully everyone has survived the snow and now the rain and wind because its dinner time!

When, this Wednesday, February 19, 2014!

Time, 5:45 (happy hour ends at 6) or whenever work and traffic allow you to get there. We are usually there for at least 1.5 hours.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

#47 ·
The month is flying by. Dinner time again.

When, this Wednesday, March 19, 2014!

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

#48 ·
For those that thought about coming to the dinner last night...you missed a great time. Fourteen people made it (six on bikes) which pretty much stressed the wait staff since we kept adding tables and chairs to the group. I think we pretty much owned the dinning room part of the restaurant for the most of the evening. Everyone seemed to have a great time talking bikes, sharing stories or just meeting new people. It never ceases to amaze me the stories and lives people have led. I think we could have sat there for a few hours more and not even come close to a pause in the conversations. But time rolled on and people had to get home. Hopefully everyone can come back next month for another round of fun, food and talk. Keep your fingers crossed and maybe we can sit on the patio around the fire.

There was talk last night about an email list so folks would not have to rely on the forums to remember about the dinner. If you would like to pm me your email, I can add you to a group. I won't spam you. Only one email a month as a reminder about the dinner.

Brian

#49 ·
Dinner time again! Was hoping for some warmer weather so we could partake of the patio and fire pit at the GVB, but weather report does not look that promising in terms of warm weather. On the up side though, the rotating tap this month is Carlton Kolsch. Kolsch style beer is not always available and if you enjoy trying different brews, Kolsch is one worth trying.

So here are the details:

When, this Wednesday, April 16, 2014!

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

#50 ·
Dinner time again, I think. Crazy how fast time goes by and how many things compete for your time.

Any way, yes, its the third Wednesday again and time for dinner. I won't be there though, so you are all on your own. With any luck, come Wednesday night I will be in Colorado. So eat, talk and have fun.

When, this Wednesday, May 21, 2014.

Beaverton, OR 97006

Brian

#51 ·
Dinner time! Seems like just a few weeks have past since the last dinner, but for me that was back in April! Many of us have been on trips, the state rally has come and gone, so let's get together and catch up!

So here are the details:

When, this Wednesday, June 18, 2014!

Beaverton, OR 97006

Hope to see you there.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.