BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Sac area K1200R Ride

6K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  chuckheinch 
#1 ·
There are several local K1200R riders and it's high time we hooked up for a ride! I am proposing Sunday 7/22 as a tentitive date but am flexible to accomodate the majority. Potential interested candidates are BillyOmaha, ChuckHeinch, CC71, myself of course and any others with a K1200R that come accross this thread and can meet in this area.

I am open to suggestions on length of ride and route. One possibility is Wentworth Springs/Icehouse Rd, but that is only about a 3 hour round trip, personally I'd be up for a longer ride. There's a lot of great roads northeast of Auburn into the Sierra?

Look forward to responses and suggestions.

#2 ·
K12R said:
There are several local K1200R riders and it's high time we hooked up for a ride! I am proposing Sunday 7/22 as a tentitive date but am flexible to accomodate the majority. Potential interested candidates are BillyOmaha, ChuckHeinch, CC71, myself of course and any others with a K1200R that come accross this thread and can meet in this area.

I am open to suggestions on length of ride and route. One possibility is Wentworth Springs/Icehouse Rd, but that is only about a 3 hour round trip, personally I'd be up for a longer ride. There's a lot of great roads northeast of Auburn into the Sierra?

Look forward to responses and suggestions.
MotoGP weekend? Not in the area, and not owning a K1200R, but figured I'd ask. May or may not be competing with the race...

#7 ·
K12R said:
Hi Chuck,

I just got back from Hawaii and am ready to ride Sunday. Wentworth Springs / Icehouse sounds good, maybe we could meet at the Shell station on 50 & EDH Blvd? Bill are you in?

Ed
Howdy Ed,

Sure, sounds like fun. Time to meet? You've got the route this trip so just let us know where we're going.....especially lunch stops ;)

If you post the route tonight, I can plug it into the GPS

#8 ·
Sorry for the late response, was out all day and just read your message. I haven't got a confirm from Chuck yet so not sure if he will be joining.

Is 8am too early? If so, 9 am would work also otherwise I'll be at the Shell station at EDH Blvd and Hwy 50.

Route: 50 East to N Shingle Rd North to Lotus Rd.
Lotus Rd N to Hwy 49 at Coloma
49 N to Marshall Rd
Marshall Rd E to 193
193 N to Georgetown
East on Main St to Wentworth Springs Rd
Wentworth Springs Rd to Icehouse Rd
LUNCH at Icehouse Inn on Icehouse Rd
Continue on Icehouse Rd to Hwy 50
Hwy 50 to Coloma Rd, Placerville
Coloma Rd to 193
193 N to Marshall Rd
Marshall Rd W to 49
49 N to Salmon Fall Rd
Salmon Falls Rd back to EDH

If you don't get a chance to enter into GPS its OK, I know this route fairly well. It's a figure 8 that combines a good mix of roads/twisties and scenery.

Shouldn't be too hot tomorrow so I'll be wearing full leathers.

See you in the am!

#10 ·
Thanks for the ride, Ed. Too much fun, good pace and the home in one piece....priceless.

#12 ·
i am sad that i couldn't make it. i caught some kind of flu or food poisoning, i'm sure the drinking didn't help the day before. i was out at 8 pm the night before and slept until almost 9 am. i tried to hurry down and showed up about 920. you guys were gone and i didn't want to hold you up. i hope there is a next time and i will be sure to make it. sorry i missed your calls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.