Beer Run - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 2008, 1:58 pm Thread Starter
Will ride for picts

Exclamation Beer Run

Short notice ... A couple friends and I are riding to Arnold tomorrow, August 9th. We're stopping at the Wolf Creek restaurant in Markleeville around 9:00am. Should make it to Arnold around noon and have a beer and lunch at the Snoeshoes Brewery. Anyone care to join us?

Sierra Cement: Good for skis, bad for knees.

www.rhhall.smugmug.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 2008, 10:51 am
Enthusiast

Hi Rich, I may meet you in Arnold and ride back up with you, then come back down on 88. I say may because I have an appointment this am and not sure if I can get done in time.

Ed
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 2008, 12:00 pm

Snowshoes For Lunch

Hey Rich

Sorry I missed the message.

Next Trip 4 Sure.

Fletch

2004 KZEBRA (SOLD)
2004 K1200GT
1993 K1100LT (FOR SALE)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2008, 10:27 am Thread Starter
Will ride for picts

Had a great day. I had a friend from Reno and his friend from Texas (trying to put on 50k miles this YEAR on his R1200R) join me. Ater stopping for breakfast in Markleeville, we headed over Ebbets, but got to Arnold before Snowshoes was open. I didn't think anyone from the board was going to show, so we headed for Murphys and had a beer there. Sorry if I missed you Ed!

From Murphys, we went to Standard to the old Snowshoes location there, which is now called Lumberyard Brewing Company. We had lunch and another beer there. Properly fed and watered, we headed over Sonora pass. Headed up 395 and took the left over Monitor pass.

We had some cars in from of us, so my buddies decided to wait at the maintenance lot at the bottom of the pass. I missed the turn, and tried to do a U-turn on a hill ... with expected results: dropped the damn thing on its left side. So now I have matching scratches on each side of the bike. Maybe the even drag will stop the PTTR!!!! :headbang:

Headed over Monitor and had a beer at Markleeville. This one was on the house, as we provided our manly tool-wielding expertise to unlock the accidentally locked women's bathroom. This is starting to sound like a Harley ride.

Sunday we rode over to Lassen National Park, had lunch in Chester, then on to Quincy, LaPorte, and Challenge via Quincy-LaPorte Road : and back home through some goat trails to Nevada City. We were in your backyard, Fletch!

Any trip north usually ends with me riding through Truckee and around the Northeast side of the lake, with a final bomb down Highway 50 to home. This was no exception, except that Highway 50 east from Spooner pass to Carson city is fresh asphalt!!!! A great weekend.

Sierra Cement: Good for skis, bad for knees.

www.rhhall.smugmug.com

Last edited by rhhall; Aug 11th, 2008 at 11:16 am.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode