Stolen 2003 K1200RS from Sparks/Reno - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2006, 6:08 am Thread Starter

Stolen 2003 K1200RS from Sparks/Reno

My 2003 K1200RS was stolen yesterday morning around 3am from in front of my townhouse in Sparks, NV.

It's Pacific Blue with a flag painted on the bottom of the faring.

I'll post a picture soon.

If anyone see's it, contact me. Do not call the police. I have already dug some holes in the desert.

VIN WB10557A03ZG37080
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2006, 10:24 am
Looking for better limits...

That sux...I'll keep an eye out for it here in the SF Bay Area. Good luck getting it back.

Damn thieves

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2006, 1:28 pm

I feel for you

I'll try and keep an eye out down here in sunny San Diego, cycletrader and other posts. Hopefully, the bastards aren't parting this thing out on Ebay - sorry to bring up that freaky idea.

ONON-
Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2006, 2:59 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathogen7
I'll try and keep an eye out down here in sunny San Diego, cycletrader and other posts. Hopefully, the bastards aren't parting this thing out on Ebay - sorry to bring up that freaky idea.

ONON-
Mark
Don't think for a minute that I haven't thought of that. I'll be looking on ebay big time. I'm actually getting into the parts biz on ebay and looking for wrecked and high milege bikes to buy for inventory. I had just mentioned to the "giver of pain and delight" about how easy it would be just to pay some asshole $500 to steal what I need instead of just buying them, but that would be wrong and lead to a lengthy jail sentence.

I'm still trying to get over the whole "violated" feeling and also the loss. I only had about 20 payments remaining. The bad side: I'm pretty much out the $12,000 I've already spent on it. The up side: No more $350 a month payment, and I'll probably get enough from the insurance company to pay off my GS and have a few thousand leftover. So that will eliminate another $220 a month payment. Now my monthly nut will come down $570 and I'll probably have a few grand afterwards. And I probably can take about a $8,000 capital loss for 2006 tax year.

But it still sucks. I would have rather made the payments and my credit is not as good as it used to be so I can't finance another bike. And she was beautiful.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2006, 3:00 pm

Man I'm sorry to hear that. I still recall my dealer when I asked them about putting an alarm on mine when I bought it...."BMW's don't get stolen, we just don't do them."

The upside is that BMWs are in fact rarely stolen, and yours will stick out pretty heartily due to the rarity of hot beemers. I hope you are able to get it back intact.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2006, 3:23 pm
"DELIVERS"

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by osii
And I probably can take about a $8,000 capital loss for 2006 tax year.
I will also keep an eye out for it (SF BAy area).
Curious....how can you take a capital loss on your taxes?

'04 GT...Orient Blue...Staintune...Ohlins...Power Commander
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2006, 3:24 pm
Statmaster

Dude, that sucks!

People who steal motorcycles should be skinned alive, covered in honey, and then thrown to the fire ants.

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2006, 5:02 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman
I will also keep an eye out for it (SF BAy area).
Curious....how can you take a capital loss on your taxes?
I'm not really sure, but I will be out all the money I sunk into the bike. My GF mentioned something about being able to deduct losses. maybe some accounting mavin here knows more. I just fill in the blanks and hope for the best. Worse case is they say no.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 11:07 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up I got it back INTACT

Good news, The cops found my bike a block away, just where the psychic aunt said it would be. Bad news is I had to pay $210 for an impound fee when the police brainthrust couldn't figure out to just roll it over to my house 100 yards away. Well they did try to call at 4am, but I couldn't get to the phone.

Unbelievable, the only apparent damage is a bent brake lever. They didn't even steal the contents of my tank bag, which had about $500 worth of stuff in it.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 2006, 2:56 am
Enthusiast

Smile Fantastic!

The first new bike I ever bought ( a 1980 Suzuki GS1000) was stolen in Manhattan 2 months after I bought it. Needless to say, I felt your pain. My bike was also miraculously recovered intact and I road it for the next 20 (yes, I said 20) years all over including Canada and down through the Blue Ridge Mountains and out to Oregon, etc. Hope you have continued fun, and glad yer baby is back. Cheers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode