Anybody in Oz using the Streetguard 2? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 2007, 1:06 am Thread Starter
Rookie

Anybody in Oz using the Streetguard 2?

Hi Everyone,

Yes, I know there are other threads that deal with the exact same question that I'm going to ask here. However, I want to ask the question from an Australian perspective.

The "PM who sits on the backbench" and I have been looking at the various BMW textile suits on offer in Oz. The one that's really taken our fancy is the Streetguard 2. To me it sounds like a suit that could function as a 4 season suit, particularly upon removal of the liner during really hot periods. Problem is, we've spoken to a couple of different dealers who seem to be more keen on selling the Comfort Shell. Take note, the Comfort Shell suits were readily available in the shop but the Streetguard 2 would need to be ordered in. Comments are made that the Streetguard would probably be too hot. This puzzles me if you can believe the blurb on the BMW site?

So, the question is pretty obvious guys! Does anybody in Oz have a Streetguard 2 suit and what do you think of it? Is it too hot for Oz? Or, is the BMW blurb actually true? Please, anybody else around the world who is able to comment, I would really like to hear from you as well.

Enjoy the ride people.

John
'07 K1200GT Graphite (and loving it)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 1st, 2007, 10:14 am
I'm riding

John,

I do not ride in Oz but I believe your dealer is right - the suit is too warm for your climate.

I rode this summer here in AirFlow2 and sometimes it was still too hot. And we can not compare our summers, I guess.

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'07 F800ST Blue - wife's(sold)
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2007, 4:40 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyman05
John,

I do not ride in Oz but I believe your dealer is right - the suit is too warm for your climate.

I rode this summer here in AirFlow2 and sometimes it was still too hot. And we can not compare our summers, I guess.

Thanks Easyman, I appreciate your comments.

Though, you really have to wonder? The Streetguard is promoted, virtually, as a year round suit. The suit is supposedly good in hot or cold. I know it's only promotional or advertising blurb but, heck, will BMW promote a suit in such a way and then risk the backlash when their customers realise it was just that, advertising crap?

Hey Easyman, again, thanks for your comments. I think I might start a new thread asking about the ComfortShell and Tourance suits from an Australian perspective.

Take care for now,
John
2007 K12GT - Graphite (and loving it)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 2007, 7:26 pm

Hot and cold in Europe are different to hot and cold here in Australia.

Cold is 5-10C, hot is... 35C+?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode