First service - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 2008, 2:17 am Thread Starter

First service

I've got the bike is booked in for her first service tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone has an idea on what the stealer should be charging and if there is anything specific I should have them look at. I have told them to replace the "diff" oil and my did I get a strange look from the service guy.

Still cannot believe how good this bike is. The next few weeks up in Queensland are going to be magnificent.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 2008, 3:47 pm
Veteran

These issues are well covered in other forums, but the consensus seems that you have the tappets done, for a few services, then do the rest yourself.

My services used to cost between 6 and 8 hundred odd dollars. You are paying for them to undress it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 2008, 5:12 am
Addict

Westy If its your 1,000k service it should be free i think other than any oils.

I recently got my dealer just to do the diff oil as I had a new diff fitted and they charged me $60.

My 10,000k service was about $200 from memory.

See you in Hervey Bay!

Black stuff down, Shiny side up!______________________________
10 R1200RTSE
02 R1100S
07 K1200GT R.I.P.
86 K100RS Sold
07 R1200GSA Sold
07 Softail Heritage Sold
86 K100RS Sold
82 R100RS Sold
82 Suzi GSX1100 Sold
75 Honda 750/4 Sold
74 Yamaha XS650 Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2008, 7:55 am

Hi Westy,

I got mine serviced last week, and it cost me AUD200. I haven't seen the actual bill yet, 'cause it wasn't printed out when I picked her up.

They have a kool system here. When you buy something, you go pick it up, and then they will send you a bankslip through the mail, to pay before the end of the month. Naturally, it goes out to 60days...

I didn't really have anything to have fixed when I brought her in, just the bloody backfire noise. Usually happens when I am coming off a long downhill run, and roll the throttle a bit to overtake or something, then she goes BANG.

Got over 2000k's on it now.

Cheers,

Bloke

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode