K1200S on Dyno - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2009, 1:29 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

K1200S on Dyno

Funny story ! We had a Harley ride day in Horsham on Saturday and part of the deal was that anyone could do a dyno run for a $30 donation to the Redcross.
After a few bikes had done the run including a Ducati 999 my turn came.I was out on a test ride at the time but people viewing the run said that the technician nearly fell off his stool with astonishment when the K1200S was on test.A few of the locals went home and got a Blackbird and a R1 (oldish) and others.The K1200S still won the test,we tried to get a Hyabusa but none available!
cheers Andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 2009, 9:36 am
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquires
Funny story ! We had a Harley ride day in Horsham on Saturday and part of the deal was that anyone could do a dyno run for a $30 donation to the Redcross.
After a few bikes had done the run including a Ducati 999 my turn came.I was out on a test ride at the time but people viewing the run said that the technician nearly fell off his stool with astonishment when the K1200S was on test.A few of the locals went home and got a Blackbird and a R1 (oldish) and others.The K1200S still won the test,we tried to get a Hyabusa but none available!
cheers Andrew

Glad it didn't stall while on the Dyno. What did the numbers say?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 2009, 12:56 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

K1200S on Dyno

Could only measure HP as torque required a tap to spark plug.141.61 HP .
Now have a K1300GT so will give that a go next time
cheers Andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 2009, 12:58 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

K1200s

Never had any stalling problems with the K12S,in fact no problems at all !
cheers Andrew
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2009, 8:51 am
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquires
cheers Andrew
A few guys I've gone riding with who don't know much about the beemers get quite a surprise with the 06 K1200GT . One mate who rides GSXR 1000 kept bagging me for buying such a big, heavy, slow bike until we went out for a days outing thru the Dandenongs, Warragul and back home thru Korumburra plenty of tight corners and fast sweeping bends, he was shocked that l kept up with him on every bend and straight. He couldn't believe such a big beemer could corner and accelerate almost as well as his lighter sportsbike. He hasn't said one negative about the bike since that days ride
Regards Andyfila
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 2009, 4:24 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

K1300gt

Well done Andy ! The limiting factor is always the rider I think,usually the bikes handle much better than the ability of the rider.As you have proven!
The K1200S was very good and handled very well the K1300GT is fair bit heavier etc but boy is it comfortable!Must admit I really miss the K1200S so whoever purchased FE862 from Southbank motorcycles got a really good well looked after bike.
cheers Andrew
ps why not come up and give the Grampians a try ?Great roads and to many police

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode