NSW and VIC - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2009, 4:23 am Thread Starter

NSW and VIC

This is for the Aussie boyz only...

I know there a few ex-police blokes here, and I hope to tap some knowledge from them.

How long are outstanding warrants valid for? Let me put it this way. I have been away from those 2 states for at least 15yrs. Due to a former occupation, I had a number of warrants out for traffic offences (term loosely applied here, Task Force boys were very creative in writing me up) that occured in the late 80's and early 90's.

Reason for asking: I intend to come back to Aus, and do a tour on my GT or GS. I would hate to get pulled up by the NSW/VIC traffic coppers and be informed: Hey mate, we've got a few warrants here for you...would you mind coming along with us?

By the way, it includes a few other states as well :-(

I have looked over the RTA website in NSW and despite detailed searches, I did not turn up anything.

Thanks for any info...

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember engineers built the Titanic, but amateurs built the Ark...

There is less to fear from 100 horses under the saddle, as from the 1 donkey on top.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2009, 4:37 pm
Veteran

slammer

When you are trundling along on your BMW H2200 fitted with retro rockets and the wind is gently blowing through your long white beard. Be careful. Big brother has something for you.

Good news is that you will be bailed immediately and not go in. Not sure about the NSW traffic police, but I think it is the same. (ceptin that they are usually inflexible pricks even disliked by their own) Hey!! you made squillons over there and you are going to cheat on your tax return, why not call them in and pay them.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 7:43 am Thread Starter

Just what I thought..

Papilio Mate,

Thanks for that. It is what I thought would be the case. Hmmm...have to look at another way of doing it.

As for the making sqillions here, wish it was so. If it was, I would call 'em in and pay.

The other thing is that I have a problem in paying for imaginary offences. If I get caught fair and square, no problem, I pay my bills. If I get written up on stuff that is simply not true, there I have a problem. On a dark road somewhere out on 39 at night, its just me and him and his sidekick. I ain't got a chance to dispute the offence. And when the Task Force boys are on a roll, ain't much you can do there either. Back then, they didn't care much about the cagers, the snowbunnies on the way to the hills on a Friday night. We'd seem em about 1/2 way up 31, upside sidedown in the tabledrain, or head on under a big one on the Wang straight.

Anyway, just rambling there.

Thanks again.

Bloke

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember engineers built the Titanic, but amateurs built the Ark...

There is less to fear from 100 horses under the saddle, as from the 1 donkey on top.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 4:04 pm
Veteran

fines

May be able to arrange a check of your tab with a fellow rider, he works north. But it would have to be in person I suspect, as one would not want one prying into the affairs of another not entitled to the information.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 2009, 1:14 am
Addict

Hey bloke, you need to go and see the movie "paying it forward". The whole philosophy is good christian values about doing favours and getting them back with interest.
Go and see the police in each state, leave 3 or 4 grand with each of them to pay for the outstanding fines and and tell em to take any future fines out of the balance. That way you can ride easy and not spend your holiday straining to see the colour/shape of the car ahead or in the mirror.
If it works as it does in the movie, the next time you get pulled over it will be by 2 young female officers that will double up for you and send you off with an empty scrote and not a wallet.

Black stuff down, Shiny side up!______________________________
10 R1200RTSE
02 R1100S
07 K1200GT R.I.P.
86 K100RS Sold
07 R1200GSA Sold
07 Softail Heritage Sold
86 K100RS Sold
82 R100RS Sold
82 Suzi GSX1100 Sold
75 Honda 750/4 Sold
74 Yamaha XS650 Sold
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 2009, 1:59 am
Veteran

fees

Trust a banana bender to come up with the obvious easy way out.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 27th, 2009, 2:38 am Thread Starter

Hey Dadi,

Mate, thanks for the constructive suggestions...which by the way would cost me a lot of dough Not sure about the 2 female officers, would probably end up gettin me fingerprints took instead.

Sounds like you've been watching to much 'My Name is Earl', with all that good and bad Karma going around.

Cheers,

Bloke

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode