Gear Shifter mod 1200GT - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 2009, 11:31 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Gear Shifter mod 1200GT

Has anyone who owns a K1200GT, attempted the gear shift lever bush out bearing in mod?
How did it go? Was it worth it? Where did you get the Bearings?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 2009, 5:59 am
Noob

Gear Shifter mod 1200GT

G'day dude I've got a 2006 k1200gt and did the bearing mod about 3 mths ago after reading about it on the main forum. I have owned the bike for about 18 mths and found it extremely hard coming to grips with how bad the gearshifting was on this bike after riding jap bikes for the past 35 yrs. The mod definetly takes out the sloppyness in the gear lever.It does not reduce any clunkyness in your gearchanging,which will only happen with altering your techneque to feathering the clutch and preloading the gearshift lever which took me about 12 mths to master.I used 4 bearings in my mod which most bearing suppliers stock cost about 40 bucks and 3 stainless steel washers 3 bucks, a friend fitter and turner drilled out the washers to the right size and the whole mod took two hours max with leaving the loctite to dry overnight before reassembling it all back together. would l do it again knowing the result answer yes . Good luck if yougo with it.Cheers
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 2009, 6:28 am
Addict

use the search feature its in here someplace, with a very detailed step by step great pics as well

MOA Member #106320
2003 R1150RT Titan Silver
2008 K1200GT Dark Graphite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 2009, 5:54 pm
Noob

Gear shifter mod1200GT

Yep that's exactly what I followed and it explained it step by step.Apart from drilling the inside of the washers the rest of the mod was quite simple.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode