Buying a BMW in Tasmania - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2009, 3:38 am Thread Starter
Noob

Buying a BMW in Tasmania

If you are a resident of Tasmania and considering buying a BMW, be it a motor car or motor cycle, go to Melbourne. As this is a motor cycle site, I will deal with motor cycles. Locate your nearest Ulysses Club and make contact with the BMW owners, all of them, not just the ones who are still in the afterglow period of a new purchase, and ask them what has happened to BMW since 2006 in Tasmania. If there are no complaints they are liars, on drugs or delusional.

If in TAS go to Vic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2009, 6:37 am

Hi Sage,

I did not realise it was that bad. Mind you I know the Hobart side of things is a joke but Launceston has always looked quite promising and good to talk to but then I have not gone any further...

Regards,

Phil

Phil Mars

1984 K100RT
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2009, 1:16 am

I have had no issues with the Launceston dealer since they took over the dealership. They have "helped" me look after a K100, K1100 and sold me a K1200 GT one year and one day ago. They always did what they said they would do and perhaps more importantly said what they couldn't.
I am neither in some afterglow state, lying, on drugs or in a delusional state. It is a pity that I can't still use them given the customer service I have received from dealers on the big island since I moved last September.
Not belittling your experience Sage just passing mine on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2009, 6:08 am
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by westridge
I have had no issues with the Launceston dealer since they took over the dealership. They have "helped" me look after a K100, K1100 and sold me a K1200 GT one year and one day ago. They always did what they said they would do and perhaps more importantly said what they couldn't.
I am neither in some afterglow state, lying, on drugs or in a delusional state. It is a pity that I can't still use them given the customer service I have received from dealers on the big island since I moved last September.
Not belittling your experience Sage just passing mine on.
John, you are in Townsville in July, one week after V8Supercars!! How can you possibly say that you are not in some kind of delusional afterglow state?????????
Hows things? Have you seen the dates for the 2010 safari?
I think that they are taking a big punt hoping to get people from post race Phillip Island to the ferry on time but my calender is marked.
Hope to see you there.
Andrew

Black stuff down, Shiny side up!______________________________
10 R1200RTSE
02 R1100S
07 K1200GT R.I.P.
86 K100RS Sold
07 R1200GSA Sold
07 Softail Heritage Sold
86 K100RS Sold
82 R100RS Sold
82 Suzi GSX1100 Sold
75 Honda 750/4 Sold
74 Yamaha XS650 Sold
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2009, 8:37 pm

Hi Andrew

All going well mate. I can take or leave the V8's though. Don't think it was the raging success people hoped for. A lot of businesses are saying their takings for the week prior to and the weekend itself didn't change and I noticed in the fortnight leading up to the event a lot of no vacancy signs coming down and V8 specials replacing them (even on the Strand).

Business at my local seemed about the same on the Friday night. And to top it all off some of the grid girls have come down with swine flu and the rest and have been isolated. Damn just when I thought I was in like Flynn(LOL)

I'll be doing the Safari next year but not sure what on. Would you believe I've never done one in Tassy. Could never see the point of paying all that money to ride around my own backyard on the straightest roads the Safari boys could find. Have the dates for Phillip Island been confirmed at yet?

Hope your traveling ok.

Cheers
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 2009, 6:40 am
Noob

Have been dealing with BMW Hobart for the last 2 years, having my serviced and some add on's done by them, found them to be excellent, helpfull and eager to assist with advice. Would not go anywhere else and by the way I am not on drugs, delusional or a liar. Horses for courses I guess.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 2009, 2:31 am Thread Starter
Noob

Give it Time

If you are buying something new you will have problem finding fault. If you should happen to drop your bike and then need insurance work - bend over - it took them 6 days short of 1 year1 year get me a fairing panel.

In the end I resorted to contact Germany direct, even their German parts manager has left Launceston BMW - he was shaping up to be good, at least he could speak the language.

The staff turnover is a blurring whirlwind, pity the service wasnt

The current operation is a disgrace to the industry.

It is just a plasticy ticky tack facade.

Ural would be a better brand of bike to own in Launceston if you need parts.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 2009, 3:10 pm
Addict

I'd love a Ural!

Nth Queensland
AUSTRALIA

2005 K1200S
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2010, 3:56 am Thread Starter
Noob

Launceston and Hobart BMW - BEWARE

POOR, POOR, POOR STANDARDS - THIS OUTLET IS A PURE RIPOFF IN RESPECT TO CLIENT SERVICE, - IF YOU LIVE IN TAS AND HAVE TO HAVE ANYTHING BMW ie Purchases or Service - use TT Line and visit a Melbourne outlet.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2010, 6:28 am

Still can't agree sorry. Been back on the Isle since March, had a service and brake recall done with no dramas. I will be getting my next bike from them.
Just for interest went to Southbank back in May, was interested in the S1000, spent forty minutes in there before leaving without their staff coming near me. I certainly won't be buying there.

Cheers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode