Installed Power Frk on my GT - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 2009, 7:49 am Thread Starter
Noob

Installed Power Frk on my GT

I read the right up on the main forum about how the Power Frk improved the performance of peoples bikes so l thought I'd try it out on my 06 gt. Installed it last Sunday but only had a chance to take it for an hours ride around town after l finished watching the motogp hope to take it out this Sunday for a days riding.
First impressions slight increase in acceleration but very noticable smoothness in throttle on and off. Will write up a better review once l take it out for a good run.
Regards AndyFila
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2009, 3:13 pm
Addict

What is a Power Frk?

Ken

Nth Queensland
AUSTRALIA

2005 K1200S
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2009, 3:41 pm
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by baytown
What is a Power Frk?

Ken
go here www.powerfrk.com if your Italian is good.

Basically it's a devise that makes the bike run richer. I've had one for nearly a year on my '07 K12GT. I was having trouble with stalls and difficult throttle control at low RPMs. It got rid of all that.

Do a search on FRK in BMW forums and you'll get a lot of information.

2009 K13S
2000 YZF R1 track bike

Life is all about attitude!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 2009, 3:51 pm
Addict

Thanks for the link.
It sounds interesting, like a little Power Commander.
What are they worth in Oz?

Ken

Nth Queensland
AUSTRALIA

2005 K1200S
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2009, 5:25 am Thread Starter
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by baytown
Thanks for the link.
It sounds interesting, like a little Power Commander.
What are they worth in Oz?

Ken
I took the gt with the power frk for a good 300k run today thru city,highway, freeway traffic and then some hilly windy twisties thru the Dandenongs. The bike performed flawlessly on the whole run feeling a lot smoother on the accelarator especially at revs around the 3500 and less . The most noticeable aspect was the response upon acceleration and deccelaration the herky jerky action was greatly reduced and it didn't hit any flat spots before taking off which on occasions it used to.I can hold the accelerator steady at 2000 and 3000 rpms without the needle bouncing up and down which I could not do before. Idle has gone up by about 100 rpms. I'm not exactly sure how it works.
Fuel consumption seems to be around the same but l haven't checked it properly as yet. My bikes response was reasonably good previously but it has made it just that much better.Anyone with bad idle or stalling issues would probably get greater benefit from it.
I bought it direct from the manufacturer in the US by credit card and it arrive by express post within 5days. It took about 4 hrs to fit it by pulling the seats, front plastics and petrol tank off, plugging the thing into the wiring and refitting tank and plastics and seats.I bought it about 2 months ago when the aus $ was lower and it cost me aus $403 I think it might be cheaper at the moment because our $ is up.
Overall I'm very happy with the result because the bike is running silky smooth.
Regards AndyFila
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2009, 3:15 pm
Addict

Thanks Andy.
I wonder if it would effect any ECU flash upgrades? Probably not as its designed to modify the base mapping.
I'll look into it for my 04 which has fairly uninspiring idle.

Ken

Nth Queensland
AUSTRALIA

2005 K1200S
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 2009, 8:59 pm
Rookie

Not to worry. It doesn't change base mapping. It's just a resistance device that makes the bike think the air is cooler than it actually is. The mapping then calls for more fuel and the bike runs richer. Simple, over priced probably, but it works.

2009 K13S
2000 YZF R1 track bike

Life is all about attitude!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 2009, 4:14 pm
Enthusiast

Power Frk

That is interesting re the cooler air.I had a K1200RS and it definitely ran much better when the air was cold! Substantially better.
cheers Andrew

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode