Bright - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 2009, 5:36 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Bright

Bright, Northern Victoria. 0300 hours looking up through the branches of an elm tree as I lay awake spotting satellites and listening to my pal in the next tent saw wood with a souped up chain saw I suspect. His tent was right up against the tree. Then I saw a bushy tail possum, not the little ones you see in city parks, a big bastard, size of a dog. He came down the tree to within about a metre of bugle beaks tent and let forth with" ROAR ROAR SNARL COUGH" and a few more things that probably translated to "Shut up your snoring you noisy prick, I cant think up here with that going on" Well it sure woke him up, and he did stop snoring. Possum seem satisfied and returned to his leafy domain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 2010, 1:49 am
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papilio
Bright, Northern Victoria. 0300 hours looking up through the branches of an elm tree as I lay awake spotting satellites and listening to my pal in the next tent saw wood with a souped up chain saw I suspect. His tent was right up against the tree. Then I saw a bushy tail possum, not the little ones you see in city parks, a big bastard, size of a dog. He came down the tree to within about a metre of bugle beaks tent and let forth with" ROAR ROAR SNARL COUGH" and a few more things that probably translated to "Shut up your snoring you noisy prick, I cant think up here with that going on" Well it sure woke him up, and he did stop snoring. Possum seem satisfied and returned to his leafy domain.
Pap, Im overnighting in Bright on our run down to Tassie this year. Lokin forward to riding some of that country.
Hope I dont run into that Possum!

Black stuff down, Shiny side up!______________________________
10 R1200RTSE
02 R1100S
07 K1200GT R.I.P.
86 K100RS Sold
07 R1200GSA Sold
07 Softail Heritage Sold
86 K100RS Sold
82 R100RS Sold
82 Suzi GSX1100 Sold
75 Honda 750/4 Sold
74 Yamaha XS650 Sold
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 2010, 1:42 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Tas

Try this if you have time. From Tawonga head back towards Wodonga. Few clicks then turn right towards Mongans Bridge, cross the Kiewa then immediately turn left. Follow this road towards Tallangata, turn right at the "T" head towards Eskdale. Stop at Mitta Mitta and view the prettiest town in Australia, pub general store, ambulance and Police station. Retrace your steps 3 k out of town turn left onto Trappers Track Road. Ride through the hills (GS country but I have done it on an RS and in the Benz) Pass Mt Bogong, back onto the hard stuff after 30k. Back to Tawonga turn right at the "T" head towards Wodonga and Mongans Bridge. At Mongans bridge continue straight ahead to Ceccantis Wines. Its a tin shed with tables and chairs under a gum tree, nothing else around. View is worth dollars. We started that ride at 0900 and was at the winery by 1200. We dined and drank wine for four hours, then rolled down the hill to the caravan park on the Kiewa at Mongans Bridge, lay in the grass and relaxed for an hour. Forget Lygon St Carlton, this is the best food {Tuscany style} to be had anywhere. Plus Angelo and Moya with Jackie serving are a lot of fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2010, 4:38 am
Noob

Brilliant roads up there - the last long ride I did on my Sprint ST before trading it on the Beemer took those roads in, and headed back to Melbourne on the Whitfield Road to Mansfield. Awesome!

Speaking of roads, I shot my first video on the bike the other day - click on the link below, if you wish to waste 4 and a half minutes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H25hI0Z6U4

Cheers,

Tony
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 2010, 2:10 pm
Addict

Great video Tony. Watch out for Skippy mate.

Ken

Nth Queensland
AUSTRALIA

2005 K1200S
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 2010, 3:27 am
Noob

Thanks Ken!

As for Skippy, I have been there and done that, unfortunately. About 30 km out of Tumut on the Snow y Mountains Hwy a couple of years back. Luckily, I managed to keep it upright - after some absolutely "brown adrenalin" moments, but it still damaged the bike to the tune of $5000, and broke some bones in my foot.

If perchance you have not done the Snowy Mountains Hwy, I can heartily recommend it from Cooma to Tumut - brilliant road!

Cheers
Tony

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode