election - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 2010, 7:27 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Question election

I know we should never discuss politics sex or religion BUT does anyone have anything to say about this upcoming election?

cheers Andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 2010, 4:49 pm
Veteran

re

Yere !! I knew we were doing okay and were on of the few not to have a recession. BUT. Does any one seriously believe we have the loot to fund all these promises. I voted two weeks ago. Julia has come that far right there is not a lot in it. I like Tonys attitude to the boats, and I do not think we need to spend that much on cable as I understand most universities and big corporations have it anyway. Who cares about private homes when there is that sort of cost.. The Greens are going to have the boat people on our street within two weeks, close down the big industries and give every one a pay rise. Julia ses the boats are a regional problem. Well the region is doing stuff all about them, cepting to make a buck facilitating their movements here, so we had better do something our selves.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 2010, 10:29 pm

For the first time since turning eighteen (many years ago) I have no idea how I will vote on Saturday. The choices are not great. On the one hand we have an incompetent government that apart from wasting a great deal of money has presided over a insulation program which involved such poor planning and oversight a number of people employed because of the program lost their lives. I find this unforgivable.

Then we have our opposition led by Tony Abbott. There is no doubt he has performed well during the campaign but where is his vision for the future. If his right wing past is anything to go by I'm not interested.

The greens, god help us all if their policies were ever put into place. Whichever party wins it appears certain they will at least hold balance of power in the senate. I'm not even contemplating the same scenario in the house of reps.

One thing though Papilio the country needs that NBN. To my mind their is no doubt the future will require it. Whilst large companies and Universities may have high speed access for most small and medium size business this is not the case. And who employs most Australians? Not big business. One thing that can be guaranteed it won't get cheaper in the future. One other major benefit is it will at last remove telstra's monopoly on telecommunications both wholesale and retail. I'd be happy to pay almost anything to achieve that.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 2010, 5:03 am
Rookie

Sorry, I just don't get it. Here we have our former PM (Kevin Rudd), popularly elected by the people to lead the country and he is politically assassinated by someone who, in the days (maybe even minutes) before that assassination, states she has no intention of challenging for the leadership.

Today, at the Labour Party campaign launch in Brisbane, Kevin Rudd's there, full of smiles and receiving a standing ovation lead by the assassin herself??????

And here we sit, day after day, bombarded by Trade Union et al commercials, brainwashed into believing there is but one choice, Julia, our modern day Ned Kelly, a hero to us all because she did the wrong thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heaven help this country.

As far as the NBN is concerned, a quick analogy. I'd love to have that Porsche GT3 in my garage but, hey, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with the FPV so I don't bankrupt myself.

Political threads, that'll make the natives restless.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 2010, 5:18 am
Rookie

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 2010, 1:10 am
Rookie

Sex is a better topic
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 20th, 2010, 1:38 am
Addict

I would vote for Charles Manson before I voted for Julia.
In both cases I know that I am voting for a murderous megalomaniac with phsycopathic tendencies but at least with Charles I dont get those scary fu#^in earlobes man, what is with that?

Black stuff down, Shiny side up!______________________________
10 R1200RTSE
02 R1100S
07 K1200GT R.I.P.
86 K100RS Sold
07 R1200GSA Sold
07 Softail Heritage Sold
86 K100RS Sold
82 R100RS Sold
82 Suzi GSX1100 Sold
75 Honda 750/4 Sold
74 Yamaha XS650 Sold
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 20th, 2010, 3:15 am
Rookie

It's going to be a VERY interesting day tomorrow. Dadicool, much to my displeasure, I fear you may well be haunted by those earlobes for some time to come or at least until the destruct button is pushed. For that matter, and going on that party's history, you can bet your bottom dollar it won't be a "self" destruct button either.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 2010, 4:15 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Election

What a total balls up !
cheers Andrew
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 2010, 4:38 am
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquires
What a total balls up !
cheers Andrew
Love it!

I don't believe we can get good gov't but I do think a strong 3rd party will help stop them doing bad

Next few weeks are going to be very interesting

Russ
====================
bikes.no-ip.info
westcom.no-ip.info
2010 TCR 1 Alliance
2010 BMW K1300R
Linux user #369094
====================

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode