post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 2012, 5:18 am Thread Starter

Safari Time again

Anyone doing the safari next month?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 2012, 6:50 pm
Enthusiast

Safari

Yes Westridge I am going,leaving Horsham on the 10th May to Hay NSW then onto Bathurst. Will have one spare day in Bathurst to have a look around also have a spare day in Twin Waters on the Saturday . Not sure which way I am heading home yet.
cheers Andrew K1600GT
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2012, 8:36 am
Noob

G'day Andrew
I have just noticed that you are now riding the K1600GT. Can you give us a test report on the bike since you have now had it for a couple of months. I am also thinking of updating my K1200GT but not sure what to go for.
Cheers Filodian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 2012, 8:17 am
Enthusiast

Hi Filodian, well yes have had it since mid February. Hmmm well it has a fantastic motor just so smooth and such a linear power curve,you can beetle around in 6th all day. The downside is it has a very clunky (noisy) drive train i.e. where the gearbox drives the final drive. I would suggest you take one for a ride and note this.It is big (for me) feels huge compared to my R1200GS and big even to the K1300GT.(even though it is about the same size)
Don't know, I would suggest ?? maybe wait till BMW have done an update (version 2) and they will have fixed the final drive lash.
Another on the plus side it is so bloody comfortable, riding back and forth to Melbourne (300km) it just glides along, stick the screen up a bit and it is fantastic. Have a mate with a FJR1300 and we swapped the other day, would not swap the K1600GT for 10 FJR's !!
Did I mention the motor is fantastic ? Suggest you take one for a ride, Southbank has a demo.
cheers Andrew
ps did I mention how smooth the motor is ?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2012, 8:59 am
Noob

Thanks for the feedback Andrew. I,ll be taking one for a demo ride shortly but it is hard to get a fair assesment on such a short ride. Have you noticed any heat issues from the engine, which i've read about elsewhere. The size of the bike is also probably going to be my biggest issue as i have seen the bike and sat on it and it does look and feel big. But it certainly has enough positives to warrant a test ride and consideration. The K1200gt has been an awsome machine with just the right mix for long distance touring and fun day rides and there is nothing around at the moment that comes within coowee of it as a replacement for me. Cheers mate.
Regards Filodian
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2012, 2:09 am
Enthusiast

OK Filodian I am sure you will love the K1600GT, do not take cheque book with you when you test ride. A little bit of heat on the LHS nothing to worry about and only really notice it if I am riding without boots.Really have no complaints about bike except for drive line lash,apart from that is perfect. Am sure you will love it. Maybe the Melbourne guys should meet up some time at Southbank for a coffee ? Not sure when I will be down next.
cheers Andrew
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2012, 6:18 pm
Enthusiast

Safari

Westridge when are you heading off for the safari and which way are you riding to Bathurst ? Maybe we could meet up somewhere ?
cheers Andrew
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2012, 10:25 pm Thread Starter

Hi Andrew will PM you.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2012, 4:42 pm
Rookie

How was the TS Safari?

So Guys, How did you go with the TS Safari? Was it good? Any Highlights?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2012, 11:42 pm
Enthusiast

It was good had a great time. Long ride home by myself. Only had 2 quick chats to Westridge he was off having to much fun as well I would think !
cheers Andrew

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode