Superbikes @ Philip Island - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 2006, 10:06 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Superbikes @ Philip Island

Is anyone on this forum going to the superbikes in March?
I am looking to ride down from Sydney and any company would be appreciated.

2005 K1200S
ABS | ESA | Remus exhaust | K1300S luggage rack | Sargent seat | BMW panniers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 2006, 5:05 am
Addict

I'd like to if I could get away, but I've been before, and reckon I enjoy watching it on TV more. (Too many yobbos, and idiots on the road for my liking.)
Have a great time either way.

Ken.

Nth Queensland
AUSTRALIA

2005 K1200S
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2006, 4:57 pm

Hi there It8x7
Can't get time off from work for the ride down, but will be there in spirit as I watch from my armchair.
But totally off the subject now - I was just wondering if you find the "BAR RISERS" to be of any good. I was thinking of purchasing a set but haven't really heard much in there favour. At $300 a set I don't want to make a purchase unless I know they make the ride more comfortable. I feel I have just a little too much weight on my arms when riding the "stock" 03 K12RS for any legnth of time. Elbows seem to lock up and maybe the "BAR RISERS" will prevent this. Would appreciate any feed back on them.

Cheers: Phil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 2006, 7:15 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil
Hi there It8x7
Can't get time off from work for the ride down, but will be there in spirit as I watch from my armchair.
But totally off the subject now - I was just wondering if you find the "BAR RISERS" to be of any good. I was thinking of purchasing a set but haven't really heard much in there favour. At $300 a set I don't want to make a purchase unless I know they make the ride more comfortable. I feel I have just a little too much weight on my arms when riding the "stock" 03 K12RS for any legnth of time. Elbows seem to lock up and maybe the "BAR RISERS" will prevent this. Would appreciate any feed back on them.

Hi Phil
The riser are a must. I am 6'1' and still notice the benefit of the risers especially for the long haul. I have ridden K1200RS since 1997 and both bikes have had risers fitted. Together with a Corbin seat it makes touring all that much better
Anth
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 2006, 3:04 pm
Veteran

tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by baytown
I'd like to if I could get away, but I've been before, and reckon I enjoy watching it on TV more. (Too many yobbos, and idiots on the road for my liking.)
Have a great time either way.

Ken.

How was it on TV. Lordy that Balgal Bay store provides everything huh?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 2006, 5:34 am
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papilio
How was it on TV. Lordy that Balgal Bay store provides everything huh?
Missed it.
Had to work!
Bugger.

Nth Queensland
AUSTRALIA

2005 K1200S
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 2006, 7:06 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil
Hi there It8x7

Just got back yesterday from a great ride down and back. The risers and the Sargent seat add up to a VERY comfortable ride. I could sit all day on the bike with no sore bits at the end of the day.
The bike is also rock steady right up to 240km/h and still pulling hard.

2005 K1200S
ABS | ESA | Remus exhaust | K1300S luggage rack | Sargent seat | BMW panniers
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 2006, 11:09 pm

Thumbs up Thanks Anth and It8x7

Thanks guys for your info, I will be ordering a set this weekend and hopefully will have them on real soon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode