Flat tyre & no means of repair - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 2006, 3:18 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Flat tyre & no means of repair

Just did a little ride, Melbourne Malacootta, the Monaro, Thredbo, Khankoban , Yackandandah, Melbourne. 1170 k. Started with three companions. LT...FJ1300...and a Yamaha cruiser HD look alike, Well I notice going through the twisties we have lost a bike,, return and find the Yammy with a rear flat. Can you fix it? No I cannot!! Well looks like I will have to do it for you. Pull out my reemer, glue, plugs and gas bottles. Three riders watching. Put it on the centre stand. Don't have one of those either. So I find a bit of tyre exposed under leather panniers and all the rest of the crap. Remove a nail, plug the tyre and use two bottles before some one reads "Use tube with tyre" Shit I did not know they still made tubes, and now you mention it I can see spokes. Ride to Cann River and go to the police station. He is off sick, got hit twice by a snake when using the ride on mower. Go to the pub (should have gone there first) Met a guy who is the only bikie in town, owns a shovel nose, two actually, one he has carved out of wood, even the links of the chain. Springs even work cos they are made from coir. Use his ute and trailer, pick up the bike and back to his workshop. This guy has also made two A frames welded together with a channel in the middle. Push the bike onto the channel, use a shitty K Mart winch, and pulls the channel up. Presto, you now have a work bench. Wonder man ses "Best thing about the Harley is it does not leak oil" I reply "Yere but it is riddled with white ants".... Well I leave my companions at Malacootta and return to Cann River and then up onto the Monaro. I went through places like Palarang and Beloka, on the map but did not see any buildings. Must be the best ride I have ever had. Smooth strip of bitumen, grass lands (tundra?) with the road dipping weaving and turning. Like flying a plane. Hit a magpie at 160 and damn near broke my foot. Police watch out for bikies with suicidal tendencies up there, but on the back road I took I saw one vehicle, not worthwhile puting a police car in that area. Was 11 degrees, sweltering 36 down in the valley. Went to a wedding in Yack, local BM dealer tying the knot. He lent me his K1200S. Nice bike great frame, very Jap like, will keep the RS.

But apart from all that dear readers. Going out on a bike without a centre stand and no repair kit is like heading for a town 340 k away with a 200 k tank. Ya wont make it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2006, 4:46 am
Addict

Smile

Geez Pap, how many times do I have to tell you, the Bruce Highway, specifically between Townsville and Sarina is the most picturesque ride, on the best road, with the best twisties in Oz. (So I keep telling myself!)
Bloody Southerner.

Ken.

Nth Queensland
AUSTRALIA

2005 K1200S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode