radar check - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 2006, 10:15 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

radar check

Ever wondered why the car in the lane next to you can get a reading from the overhead radar advisory speed check device (as used in Vic) and you cannot.

Well this is what ya do.

As you reach the check point, throw both arms outstretched, yell out "C'mon the Bulldogs" And "Voila" your speed is displayed.

Do'nt come whinging to me if this happens to be the precise moment you get T boned by a roo.

Seems the bike alone is too small, the outstretched arms do the trick. I raised my speed to 119 on the speedo, got checked twice that I know of, and not intercepted. I know , I know, the damn things are probably not accurate, but thats my story anyways.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2006, 2:19 am

thanks for the tip. I'll probably tuck in as if I wasnt there

Marty from Oz.
This is a bloody big Island
04 KRS Capri Blue ( the fastest colour )
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2006, 8:17 am
Riding in company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papilio
Do'nt come whinging to me if this happens to be the precise moment you get T boned by a roo.
I'm glad to see you raise this as a problem because it's becoming all too frequent here in New Jersey. I used to think that deer were a problem, but it's gotten so I can hardly go out for a ride without seeing a roo, and usually several. I've nailed so many of the bastards that I'm in contact with Vanson to see if I can't supply the hides for a line of premium leathers.

Here in the States, some people use a "deer whistle" which is said to alert deer to the presence of an approaching vehicle. Is there any sort of a device which will work on roos? Are they attracted by the smell of stale Fosters? Can you supply any pics of roo bars fitted to a K bike? Any help you can give will be appreciated.

BillA
Jersey Shore
K1200RS '04
BSA Victor '68ish
Club Car golf cart '92
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2006, 3:43 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

roo bars

No roo bars fitted to K bikes in this country as of yet and those whistles are as much use as a hip pocket in a singlet. Just returned from a ride Melb Syd return through the snowy mountains and Illawarra. Quick trip of 2300 k. Only animals I saw were in Kings Cross (red light district in Sydney)

Incidently for the Oz riders, weekend before last 5 bikes went over the side in the Snowy. One bike causing a bush fire. No riders killed. Beware the corner that corners faster than you. Only problem I had was the temperature ranging from 5 c to 36 c depending on where I was. Warmer in the mountains, freezing when you dropped bac k down.

And as far as deer in New Jersey....The ultimate experience here is getting real friendly with an emu whilst running down a rail line whilst out of step
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2006, 3:51 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

whistles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA
I'm glad to see you raise this as a problem because it's becoming all too frequent here in New Jersey. I used to think that deer were a problem, but it's gotten so I can hardly go out for a ride without seeing a roo, and usually several. I've nailed so many of the bastards that I'm in contact with Vanson to see if I can't supply the hides for a line of premium leathers.

Here in the States, some people use a "deer whistle" which is said to alert deer to the presence of an approaching vehicle. Is there any sort of a device which will work on roos? Are they attracted by the smell of stale Fosters? Can you supply any pics of roo bars fitted to a K bike? Any help you can give will be appreciated.

Of course you can purchase an Zebra whistle here. I have one fitted and can vouch for them. Have not spotted on Zebra on any of my rides

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode