New GTs in Oz - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2006, 3:00 am Thread Starter
Addict

New GTs in Oz

Still waiting for the local dealership in Townsville to get one in. I am starting to take notice of the positive comments re the new GT vs my 04 machine (which I love). How much does the Xenon head light cost extra in Oz? I think I paid $29K AU for my 04 new, and I know I will take a major hit on my machine as a trade. Just depends on how much they offer. I'd like to think $20K as a trade (27000kms), but I'm sure I'm in for a shock.
My only concern without ever seeing a new GT, is that the new K series looks a bit Japanese to me. The flowing lines of the prior series are lovely.
Hopefully Townsville BM will have the machine in the next week. Then I need to do battle with the wife! (And repair my ruined 47 Indian engine, bugger!)

Best wishes all.

Ken.

Nth Queensland
AUSTRALIA

2005 K1200S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2006, 3:01 am Thread Starter
Addict

Smile

Well, look at that, 300 posts!
Happy 300 to me.

Nth Queensland
AUSTRALIA

2005 K1200S
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2006, 5:21 am
Tuk
Enthusiast

New GTs in Sydney

Hey Ken,

GT went into showrooms last week and I was scheduled to take one for a ride today but weather in Sydney is horrible.

As many other have commented, it looks a lot better in the flesh than it does in pictures. The top of the range model with all accessories including the Xenon headlight is about $34,000 on the road. The headlight is not Bi-Xenon, so it only works on low beam but having just recently had an S for the weekend, I thought the standard light was awesome.

Will try and get out on one next weekend and report.

The new R1200S is also in the showroom - BMW are certainly doing some interesting stuff right now.

Cheers,

Clinton
Coffs Harbour, Australia
2007 Triumph Sprint ST (I still like BM's)
[previous: 2003 K1200RS
Alpine White/Orient Blue]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2006, 3:15 pm
Veteran

Gt

Rode one not so long ago Baytown. You are right about the jap bit. Beautiful frame, lovely handling, acceleration etcetera.

But I said to me self "Self, you just did an eight hour ride including Thredbo on the Snowy, now which sickle would you think best for the occasion"

Staying with the RS. Nice to have both though
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 2006, 3:13 pm

G-day mates

Hello there my Australian brothers. I'm wondering if you can help me with some info, when do you expect the 2007 models to be in the showroom in Sydney? We are moving to Syd in September, and I am debating if I should bring my 05 K1200S with me, or sell it, and buy an 07 when we get there. When we get there, I don't want to be without a bike for too long, and shipping it means it won't arrive till October at the earliest. I thank you for your help on this, and I look forward to hopefully riding with some of you very soon.

Christian
05 K1200S Yellow/Black
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 2006, 3:39 pm
Veteran

re bike

Baytown...Next Sunday I am dining with a family member who is the sales manager for these damn things. Want me to compare prices
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 2006, 6:17 pm
Tuk
Enthusiast

Hey Christian,

As far as I can tell, the normal release month for the new year's models is around August/September. I'm not sure if that's set in stone though and BMW may elect to alter the dates.

Others may like to comment and certainly if I hear anything, I'll drop you a note.

Let us know when you get here and if I'm around, I can show you some of the better roads to tour around Sydney. I say if I'm around as I'm moving north around that time.

Cheers,

Clinton
Coffs Harbour, Australia
2007 Triumph Sprint ST (I still like BM's)
[previous: 2003 K1200RS
Alpine White/Orient Blue]
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 2006, 7:13 am Thread Starter
Addict

G'day Clint (long time no hear!) and Pap.
Thanks for the info fellas.
Pap, if you have any inside price info, that would be great.
I'm stuck on liking the K1200S but tyre wear rate is an issue, as will loss of the cruise control which I love, and price of the new K1200GT will be an issue for the wife!

Best wishes all.

Ken.

Nth Queensland
AUSTRALIA

2005 K1200S
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 2006, 8:56 pm

Christian, earlier comments about September for new models is on the mark. I picked up my K1200s Setember 23 2005 expecting a 2005 but actually got a 2006 so 2007 models most likely be availble last quarter 2006. Anyway here is BMW Motorrad Australia Customer Relations phone number 1800 422000 (aussie country code if you calling from outside of the country is 61). I'm sure they can give more detail.
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 2006, 8:37 am

Thumbs up Sydney delivery

Thank you Gents...this makes my outlook a lot easier. I will most likely sell my 05 KS and bring my Ducati instead. Hopefully the 07 models will offer new paint colors, cruise control, and those cool looking xenon lights. I will undoubtedly be contacting you guys, so that we can meet up for some rides.
Thanks again mates.

P.S. How about those Socceroos???!!!!????!!!

Christian
05 K1200S Yellow/Black

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode