2007 K1200S When? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 2006, 12:43 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

2007 K1200S When?

Anyone heard any rumours about when the 2007 K1200S will be available in Australia?Looks like production will start in August in Germany.The new colours look great
cheers Andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 2006, 5:22 am
Addict

I'm hanging out for one myself! Shouldn't be too long.

Ken

Nth Queensland
AUSTRALIA

2005 K1200S
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 2006, 3:41 pm
Veteran

KS for Baytown

I did ask about that bike when I was at a "Christmas in July" dinner function, as I had said I would.

A members little girl came up then and spoke to them (both owners with wives) They were mortified that people bring up children who feel free to walk up and speak as they wish. (she asked very nicely if her daddy could have a ride on the new S tomorrow) They were rude to the child and carried on about it for some time.

Not only did I not pursue the possible sale, I will take my bike elsewhere for a service

As I put on my profile somewhere "kids and dogs like me" Feelings mutual.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 2006, 5:00 pm

What about options?

Will xenon lights be an option for Australia?? If so what production month?
Does anyone know what the options will be for the Autralian K1200S...and since what month those options will be available? We love the new blue/white/black combo....can't wait!

Christian
05 K1200S Yellow/Black
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 30th, 2006, 4:44 am
Addict

Question

G'day Christian.
There doesn't seem to be much information available re Australian specs yet on the 07 build KS. If I had the option, I would get the upgraded headlight without fail (and cruise if it ever came out!). Large mobs of Kangaroo in my area, intent on ruining my motorcycles!
Most of the news I get is from the European / US based members of this list. Either the Aussie dealer is playing Poker faced, or we get lots of news re the new machines via this list, than he does from BMW Motorad Australia.

PAP, G'day mate.
Thats the only way to treat any business that upsets you, vote with your feet. Hope this finds you well mate.

Best wishes all.

Ken.

Nth Queensland
AUSTRALIA

2005 K1200S
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 2006, 6:37 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

R1200GS Brakes

One thing mentioned by the local Melbourne dealer was that the new (upgraded) R1200GS is that it will not have the servo brakes!
Have gotten used to my servo brakes on my 1200GS,wonder if their will be any major changes to the K1200S when it comes out?
Do not think that the new headlights will be available.
cheers all Andrew
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 2006, 1:05 am
Addict

Thumbs up

G'day Andrew.
I love the servo brakes on my GT. I did an Advance Rider course via the Airforce (Top Rider, and highly recommended, especially when paid for by the Aussie Tax Payer [Thanks everyone!!!] ) and repetitively out braked virtually all other participants. Not my skill, but the bike saving my arse. (And making me look good!)
I'm holding off on my purchase of the K1200S till the new models start arriving and I know I get the new braking system.
I'm actually speaking with my dealer in Townsville (highly recommended again and tell Marius I sent you!) tomorrow re organising deposit and trade on the 2007 bike.
Done know what I've done right, but even the wife hasn't said no to my upgrade!
Speaking of which, is there any female members of this list in Australia? Don't remember ever seeing a post from a lady.
I'm still not sure on the K1200S, vs. K1200GT, but the S has grown on me more than the GT. The GT is more of my type of machine in execution though.
Glad you are happy with the GS. I came VERY close to purchasing one 6 months ago, but again, theory vs. practice means a dedicated road machine for me. (130kms per day, highway, and no time to go off road. Longwayrounditis!)
My understanding of the changes for the early 2007 run of K1200S is:
New colours
New non servo assist Anti lock brakes
? Some discussion re bench seats???
??? New Fuel map??? Hope!!!
The air pressure sensor in the tyres
Unfortunately, I've seen no comments on HID lights or a new horns to replace the dangerous embarrassment fitted OEM (are you reading this BMW???)

Best wishes mate, and again, great to see some movement on the Aussie list.

Ken.

Nth Queensland
AUSTRALIA

2005 K1200S

Last edited by baytown; Aug 1st, 2006 at 1:19 am.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 2006, 9:53 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by baytown
G'day Andrew.
Unfortunately, I've seen no comments on HID lights or a new horns to replace the dangerous embarrassment fitted OEM (are you reading this BMW???)
Ken.
On bmwk1200s.com, they did a comparison of after market lights vs OEM on the K1200S, the verdict - they are all equalled ! Go figure. I guess if you want any better, HID is the way to go. Re the horn, I rarely use it. I let the pipe do the talking :-)

Tim
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 2006, 5:18 am
Addict

G'day Tim.
Have you had any of the issues, i.e erratic throttle and fueling issues that the US boys are all complaining of?

Best wishes mate.

Ken.

Nth Queensland
AUSTRALIA

2005 K1200S
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 2006, 9:25 pm

To tell you the truth, I have never noticed it. The only time when the rpm surged was when I overtightened the throttle adjustment to make it easier to blip the throttle. After that when ever I stop or move the bike backwards the rpm surged due to the the cable being stretched further! So I adjusted the cable back a bit. Otherwise no fuel surge problem. Only the occasional back fires from the stock can at lower gears when I slow down, which I do not mind as it make drivers aware of my presence in traffic.
Mine is an 06 MY built in Sep 05, done 12,000km and I have not upgraded to v6 s/w. I always use 98RON fuel. Is there any problem with yours? If not, then I suspect it's a bad patch in the US, or their environment or fuel quality that caused the fuel problem?

Tim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode